Male contraception, almost here

June 18th, 2015 at 6:31:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
It isn't a "pill" but male contraception is really close now.

This will change things in a number of ways. My biggest prediction is it will make the white birthrate crash. Asians almost as much. Blacks and hispanics quite a bit less. It will be 10+ years before the numbers really trickle in, but when they do it will be dramatic.

Secondly, it will eventually really put western nations in a pinch. A lot of guys who do not want kids will have this done, many will simply not tell their SO that they are fixed. Of advanced nations, only India is really above replacement birth rates. Mid century is when the population collapse starts, this will accelerate the process, probably by a great deal.

Marriage rates will fall. More than one woman has forced marriage by letting herself get pregnant. OTOH, with fewer kids, women have less ability to kick their guy to the curb and get child support.

Of course, this all depends on how much guys will adopt this. Which is why I made the predictions based on race. IMHO, white guys will line up, as most white males have seen some other guy they know just get clobbered by the courts. OTOH, blacks and hispanics have more of a cultural bias against giving up the ability to father kids. Asians probably tend more like whites here, not the least of the reasons being that they probably make more cash, so the downside is greater.

Should be fun to watch.
The President is a fink.
June 19th, 2015 at 1:00:32 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
The forced marriage by not-so-accidental pregnancy would plummet. Not sure about your other reasons.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 19th, 2015 at 2:47:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A lot of guys who do not want kids will have this done, many will simply not tell their SO that they are fixed

This part just sounds like something where lawyers will get involved eventually.

Marriages get dissolved sometimes because of deception or expectations weren't met. Sometimes if a partner won't have sex.

If someone is being fooled than there could even be damages awarded. Women have a window of fertility, and when it goes past a certain point it is difficult for them to conceive.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2015 at 3:40:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Marriages get dissolved sometimes because of deception or expectations weren't met. Sometimes if a partner won't have sex.

IMHO that is a total ground for divorce. Sex is and always has been part of the basis of marriage. Not that grounds are needed anymore, no-fault has been the law for a generation now.

Quote:
If someone is being fooled than there could even be damages awarded. Women have a window of fertility, and when it goes past a certain point it is difficult for them to conceive.

This goes way back. More than one queen was removed for failure to deliver an heir. Catherine the Great saw this coming and had her man-child locked up. He was the one that would not perform, but she knew who would get the blame. One guy I would like to fire the flux capacitor up and go back and smack some sense into. Dude, you are married to Catherine the Great? Man up!
The President is a fink.