MAGIC MOMENTS

July 5th, 2015 at 1:47:56 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Sometimes the world seems bright. But not today . I am in a black mood like when I got suspended from WOV. Josie's depression not reacting to last meds. Either of which cost over 1k for 90 day supply. Latest hope is TMS Trancranial Magnetic Stimulation. Josie had ECT 30 years ago, this is a non painful version of same. 5 treatments a week for 4 to 6 weeks, 60 % cure rate. Will still need meds, but if this does not work, nowhere else to turn. Can't glue her back together again, I am afraid.

But a couple of days ago had a MAGIC MOMENT. Driving down country road in my 1998 Dodge van, peeling paint, cracked windshield, 230K, but air conditioning blows cold. My granddaughter BELLE STARR ( I named her ) sitting in front seat. Just me and her. She plugs cassette in player that has a cord that plugs into her phone.

Belle is 16, star of both church and school choir. Always solo unless she insist music teacher let someone else have a chance. Then blasting out of the speakers is " RICH GIRL " and we both start sing. I love " You can rely on the old man's money " Belle gets to sing " It's a BITCH girl" LOL Then we sing " My Girl " with the Temptations. What a KEWL kid !
July 5th, 2015 at 2:30:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How about you man?

You getting any help? Tough being iron man your whole life, then finding out your all rusted to hell.

Cool with the kid.

I'm reading a book kinda shoved at me while at the Mayo, called "stress free living". Just the title made me pshaw, heartely. It helps when I read it. But I forget fast and have started it again.

Hard to find peace, best wishes stew.

IBEW local #77.

Also locals, 44, 125, 659, 1245 and 1547
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 5th, 2015 at 3:04:40 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Retired CWA Chief Shop Steward. My Dad had it a lot easier raising a boy when i was a kid. Graduate him from high school, or a GED, or honorable discharge from Military. Then get him a job at Steel mill, Auto Body plant, phone company, grocery store, etc. All union good paying jobs. I worked in grocery store at age 16 unloading trailers and stocking $67 a week, Blue cross and Blue Shield fully paid by company, no deductibles, boy are them days gone forever.

I am a survivor long as I have Josie, after that, well better not make any incriminating statements. 28 and 18 Sweet 75 and 65 just as sweet, only different.

Yeah Belle is a neat kid. Only regret is I might not be around when younger grand daughters are teenagers.