How do you sell Pharaoh?

July 6th, 2015 at 5:17:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Smite those who oppose me. What else? =)

Well played. Well played.

But that would make you Pharaoh of the Free World. which is fine, really, even if you want to wear two crowns. But if you insist on a pyramid and don't use the one that's handy in Vegas, that's it for me.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 6th, 2015 at 5:45:01 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed

But that would make you Pharaoh of the Free World. which is fine, really, even if you want to wear two crowns. But if you insist on a pyramid and don't use the one that's handy in Vegas, that's it for me.

I can't be a pharaoh (that's a hard word to spell). Titles such as that make folks uncomfortable, and I can't afford a citizen uprising. I need them on my side. Have you seen how many guns they have?! ;)

I will lead a puppet regime. Everything will seem as normal; we'll still have a President and cabinet and elections and all that red, white, and blue. But none of it will actually matter, because I will be controlling things from inside. It'll be kind of like... well, come to think of it, it'll be exactly like things are now, but with me at the helm instead of multi-billion dollar corporations =p

I've already begun assembling my ranks. I already have a Minister of Common Sense and Minister of Keepin' It Real. Both mellow, educated men, both moderate. One strays a bit into fiscal conservatism, but I'd overall put them almost dead in the middle. I need to gain more on both the far right and left. Not the "nuts", but pure one side or the other. Interested? You could be General of the Armies and Minister of Propaganda. No birth certificate required ;)

Just don't think of starting a coup yourself after I've ascended to power =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 6th, 2015 at 6:59:59 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
I can't be a pharaoh (that's a hard word to spell).

So Anglicize it to "Faro." Do I have to think of everything??

Quote:
Titles such as that make folks uncomfortable, and I can't afford a citizen uprising. I need them on my side. Have you seen how many guns they have?! ;)

Well, then, in that case, you can't smite your enemies. That's the Faro's prerogative --nay, the Faro's duty. A sacred tradition going back to Narmer himself.

You also can't write your name in hieroglyphs or encircle it in a cartouche.

Quote:
I will lead a puppet regime. Everything will seem as normal; we'll still have a President and cabinet and elections and all that red, white, and blue. But none of it will actually matter, because I will be controlling things from inside. It'll be kind of like...

Augustus! That's exactly what he did, plus he took upon himself the tile of "First Citizen." Though being Roman, he called it "Princeps." You should go for a grander title. Restitutor Orbis," perhaps.

Quote:
You could be General of the Armies and Minister of Propaganda. No birth certificate required ;)

Hell, no. I want minister of religious Liberty. How else are we going to stamp out religion?

Quote:
Just don't think of starting a coup yourself after I've ascended to power =p

Oh, don't worry. Religious Freedom being so important, I'll take over the bureaucracy in no time and run you. >:)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 6th, 2015 at 7:03:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Face, I will join your coup anything to keep someone with a last name different than Bush or Clinton to be in power again. I could be your Spiritual Advisor or if you go the route of a State religion, which most dictators do, I can become your Archbishop.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 6th, 2015 at 7:16:17 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
Face, I will join your coup anything to keep someone with a last name different than Bush or Clinton to be in power again.

Care to throw out a name you do support?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 6th, 2015 at 7:19:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Wizard
Care to throw out a name you do support?

You mean besides Face or Shackleford? I am woefully uninformed as of late to who is even running but my top three would be Rubio, Jindal, and Christie. On the other side it would be O'Malley.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 6th, 2015 at 7:20:58 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
On the other side it would be O'Malley.

As a former Baltimorian, I support O'Malley too.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber