Android watch, conventional commercial

July 22nd, 2015 at 1:48:19 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdfW8dnifk

LG is marketing it's $350 watch with a new commercial that doesn't even mention that the watch is a computer watch. An interesting, but possibly effective strategy. For the same money as Apple sport watch, you get a watch that actually looks kind of nice, and by the way you can get messages, measure heart beat, etc.

LG watch Urbane is same price as Apple watch
July 22nd, 2015 at 6:46:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
LG watch Urbane is same price as Apple watch

Bad move. People don't feel the obligation to tithe to LG as they do to the Apple.

Just before my last Vegas trip, a coworker asked if I could bring her an Apple watch. I was concerned because of the money involved. I asked her whether it would work without an iphone. She didn't know, I didn't either (I'm not paying any attention to the "smart" watch fad). In the end she didn't get one.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 22nd, 2015 at 6:16:59 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
. I asked her whether it would work without an iphone.

A few Apple Watch functions work away from the phone, but the watch primarily works alongside the phone as an extension, a second screen and basically another part of your iOS experience.

A lot of people are paying $10 for the bubble operating system for their Android watch, just to fool people at a distance.

July 23rd, 2015 at 7:21:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
A few Apple Watch functions work away from the phone, but the watch primarily works alongside the phone as an extension,

That's what I thought from what little I've read about such things.

I do hope they won't become commonplace. I've found better things to put on my wrists than a gadget.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER