Poll
2 votes (33.33%)
3 votes (50%)
1 vote (16.66%)

6 members have voted

July 27th, 2015 at 10:17:58 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Instead of entering a "user name" for a given account on a device, I name the device itself when I can. I use the names of my favorite characters. Thus a phone is named Marina, and a laptop Nareed.

The Nexus tablet uses my Google account user name, and so does the Win10 laptop with the MS account. If I can change the latter, I'll name it Vash.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 27th, 2015 at 6:01:57 PM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
My phone is named "Adam's iPhone". Even Siri knows to call me Bobby, so I better change that. "Bobby's iPhone" is much better. :+)
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
July 28th, 2015 at 7:15:38 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: miplet
My phone is named "Adam's iPhone".

I think this is the joke, but I don't get it.

Oh, my Chromecast is named Athena. I don't usually pick up others, and the Netflix in the Nexus knows it, but why not?
July 28th, 2015 at 9:53:48 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
I name them, because I believed that there might be issues with iTunes if I attach two different devices with the same name. But, thinking about it, iTunes probably uses the mac address or serial number...

My phone is named, "Dave's iPhone 5S"

I also edited the default signature like so my email says, "Sent from Dave's iPhone." I am constantly shocked when I see email that has the default generic signature line.
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
July 28th, 2015 at 10:47:40 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Quote: Nareed
I think this is the joke, but I don't get it.

Oh, my Chromecast is named Athena. I don't usually pick up others, and the Netflix in the Nexus knows it, but why not?

My name is Adam Robert Cohen, but I go by Bobby. I have some funny stories about my name. I should tell them some day.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
July 28th, 2015 at 2:14:27 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: miplet
My name is Adam Robert Cohen, but I go by Bobby.

I see.

It seems I'm the one oddball who names devices without using my name.