She blew her college fund

Page 2 of 2<12
July 30th, 2015 at 8:34:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
I think I was in the eighth grade when the NYtimes best seller list featured How I turned 1,000 into a million in real estate in my spare time. sure wasn't part of the curriculum.

I had a class called "Life Skills" and it should have been called "goof off." 7th grade we got to pick "electives" as some kind of H.S. prep. Problem was they had to use the teachers they had, and they had little idea what they wanted to offer. One dude laughed at me for taking it. Don't get me wrong, some stuff was good. But about 1/3 was goof off time.

I am just talking things dads taught their boys and women taught their daughters. Balance a checkbook. Know how interest works. Set a table right (boy, my dad refuses to do that. You should see it), keep a clean house, etc. Too many parents today both don't know or/and would rather watch the Kardashians.

Quote:
I know one man bought an expensive car but had to ride the bus in Los Angeles because he had the car hidden from reposessors.

I keep watching the reponut channel on YouTube. Some of the debtors are in such denial. I giggle when they put their car payment on their credit card. I know other people's misery, but there is a difference between down on your luck and clueless overextended.
The President is a fink.
Page 2 of 2<12