Should we change DT to blue instead of brown?

Page 2 of 4<1234>
Poll
3 votes (18.75%)
9 votes (56.25%)
2 votes (12.5%)
2 votes (12.5%)

16 members have voted

August 5th, 2015 at 1:49:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Funny that.

I have always had a hard time reading this forum, but I would never have thought to complain about it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 5th, 2015 at 6:20:40 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I was going to joke that the misspelling of colo(u)r rendered those votes null and void, but I don't want to damage relations with the North so close to my coup. Perhaps we can parlay and come to an agreement of sorts. Maybe we'll pronounce "aluminum" correctly if you stop using excessive vowels. As a show of good faith, I'll even cease the use of "-ize" and return to the proper "-ise". Mull it over and get back to me ;)

On topic, I hate change. The weird coffee Army color has come to mean "home" to me. Additionally, I'm almost certainly the most colorblind person you know, and some combos just wreak havoc on my brain. Certain combinations of colors literally flash when I move my eyes, to the point I had to adjust the monitors when I worked in GamePro (Craps layout was the absolute worst).

That being said, you need to do what you need to do to grow this place, and I could see the familiarity being a huge draw to those who feel a bit lost and/or abandoned at WoV. That move might could pick up a handful of new members. But other than that, I'm at a loss to see a benefit.

Just do whatever. If nothing else, it'll give us something to bitch about for a few weeks =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 6th, 2015 at 5:28:55 AM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
As someone who doesn't have a problem with change, including the change at WoV, it wouldn't bother me either way.

As some people here know, I created the torn page header graphic.

Right now that brown tint is part of the image. I think I can make it so the paper is translucent white, so it picks up a tint from the webpage background color....
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
August 6th, 2015 at 5:31:02 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Just don't make it that pencil thin faded blue... that is, I think, a font designed for phones, that is invisible to my tired old eyes that work as well as my arithmetic skills do.
August 6th, 2015 at 6:39:12 AM permalink
JB
Administrator
Threads: 10
Okay, I think the update is complete.

If you go to your Preferences page, you'll notice a Theme menu with two choices, Brown and Blue. If you change it to Blue and click the update button, the Blue theme will take effect starting with the next page you view.

As always, feel free to give me an earful if something goes awry.
August 6th, 2015 at 7:21:15 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Too bright and the text is too small.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 6th, 2015 at 7:23:22 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Text size was my problem.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 6th, 2015 at 7:28:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Just changed to blue
I like it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 6th, 2015 at 8:08:34 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I like the blue too!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 6th, 2015 at 9:02:19 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Thanks JB! I must admit to feeling a little disoriented at first, but it is also nice to see the old blue colors again.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 2 of 4<1234>