NFL 2015

September 9th, 2015 at 8:13:54 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
<yawn>

I've no hopes for the Steelers this year.

On the bright side, this means I won't have to wait out many games before I can cook on Sundays.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 11th, 2015 at 6:47:35 AM permalink
Nareed
Told you so.
September 25th, 2015 at 5:21:55 PM permalink
Nareed
Thus far, three Cowboys fans have told me they're delighted Romo is out for the season.

See? Even die-hard Dallas fans can't stand their team.
September 25th, 2015 at 5:32:06 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I took my mama out for dinner for her birthday and a sports recap-type show was on one of the TVs in the restaurant. I didn't even recognize it. The amount of holograms, the amount of guys they have on just one show, the number of different ways they can say "A man moved a ball a specific distance".... I viewed it not unlike I do skateboarding accident clips. Mostly horrified, but unable to look away.

There really was something that creeped me out about it all. I haven't quite put my finger on it. I'm even becoming uneasy just recalling it. It didn't seem healthy for the mind.

I'll stick to Don Cherry.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 28th, 2015 at 7:23:20 AM permalink
Nareed
The Steelers plan to start Michael Vick for the next few weeks, as Roethlisberger's latest injury concludes.

I hope they lose all those games.

Yes, I'd rather have the Steelers lose every game than win one with Vick under center. I value principles over team loyalty.

If three's any justice, though, the game vs the Ravens next Thursday will be a tie.
September 28th, 2015 at 8:38:46 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I dunno. I guess I'll be "that guy", but I don't understand the level of vitriol directed at Vick. This is not a defense of his actions; they were certainly in bad taste. But this just feels "off".

I've seen people neglect or hoard animals, which can be argued (because I'm doing it) to be as bad as what Vick did. These people often get warnings from animal control, perhaps will raise to the point of silly fines and/or animal removal. None of these people have their lives ruined, lose their jobs, or are put in jail. Some farms I would also argue are far, far worse than what Vick did. That's not to make light of what he did, it's just that these farms are that bad. Horrible, in fact. Yet the farmers are successful and face nothing.

Looking at the whole thing, I'm over it. Vick wasn't protected by a loophole in the law or any other legal shucking and jiving. It was his very roommate that did him in. He wasn't allowed to skirt by based on his huge finances. He lost his job and served time. He didn't have no Supreme Court digging in and reinstating him like @#$^@%# Brady. Vick sat. And he didn't make a load of ridiculous excuses and refuse to change. He basically said that fighting was how he was brought up, it was a "cultural thing", and now he knows it was wrong. No defense, no excuses, he took his beatings and got back to work. And it was reported that post-incident Vick was a much more dedicated and harder working individual than pre-incident Vick. Since it happened, not one single other issue.

He did wrong. He paid. Then he changed. Why are we still banging on the guy?

#IamMikeVick =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 28th, 2015 at 9:05:19 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Face
I dunno. I guess I'll be "that guy", but I don't understand the level of vitriol directed at Vick.

Because you don't know how to hold a grudge.

Speaking solely for me, I'm not a big fan of forgiveness for certain actions or even certain words. I don't forgive people who kill on purpose, no matter what they do afterwards or how sorry they are (or say they are).

As to Brady, I don't forgive childish cheaters who support Trump. IMO Both Brady and Bellichick should retire right now.
October 2nd, 2015 at 10:07:22 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Nareed
The Steelers plan to start Michael Vick for the next few weeks, as Roethlisberger's latest injury concludes.

I hope they lose all those games.

So far so good! ;)

Quote:
If three's any justice, though, the game vs the Ravens next Thursday will be a tie.

To quote the inimitable Maxwell Smart: "Missed it by that much!"
October 5th, 2015 at 8:33:19 AM permalink
Nareed
I forgot to watch any games this week. I didn't really miss it.

I guess I lose interest when I know the Steelers have no chance...