Get to them when they're young

Page 1 of 212>
November 7th, 2015 at 5:17:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
You're welcome. Offhand, I can think of only one Korean person I know and I'd rather not introduce her back into my life *ahem*.

Heh heh, was just curious, don't go there :-) Probably just a random letter for no meaning like we have here.

On plates, I find it funny that I remember the ones the cars had when I was a kid but don't know mine now. My dad shakes his head that I remember them. Anyone else remember the plate of the family car as a kid?
The President is a fink.
November 7th, 2015 at 5:42:56 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
On plates, I find it funny that I remember the ones the cars had when I was a kid but don't know mine now. My dad shakes his head that I remember them. Anyone else remember the plate of the family car as a kid?

Yes! We had a bright green VW Rabbit with license plate 544 MKD. Before that we had a VW Squareback but I can remember only the last three letter -- ELO. Today I have two vanity plates, one being a single letter, so those are easy to remember. However, I don't remember the license plate of my dad's car I picked up after he died. I think it ends in VLF, but don't recall the numbers.

Yes, funny how stuff sinks in easily and deeply when you're young. That is why I could give you Brady Bunch trivia all day long but have a hard time remember the characters names on shows I just saw, like Breaking Bad.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 7th, 2015 at 10:58:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Yes, funny how stuff sinks in easily and deeply when you're young. That is why I could give you Brady Bunch trivia all day long but have a hard time remember the characters names on shows I just saw, like Breaking Bad.

I thought I was the only one who had a hard time with that. I've watched "Breaking Bad" to the point I know every detail, but so many other shows I find myself saying, the bald guy, the black guy, the blonde woman, etc. I wonder if this is a thing with guys as when I talk to women they always know the name but guys to one extent or another are the same in not knowing the name.
The President is a fink.
November 7th, 2015 at 1:15:13 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Young minds are funny.

When I was six years old my aunt came to our house to have a baby. My parents told me that my aunt got married and it didn't last and she got a divorce, and was now living with us to have a baby. One day as an adult I mentioned my aunt's first husband and my parent's looked at me strangely. They didn't know what I was talking about. I suddenly realized that obviously my aunt had gotten pregnant.In the 1960's young unmarried women went away somewhere to have babies. I felt kind of stupid thinking she had been divorced, but someone said we our process of memory is different when we are kids. Stuff, even if it doesn't make sense, sticks with us our whole lives. I had literally never thought about my cousin's birth with an adult mind.
November 7th, 2015 at 3:25:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Stuff, even if it doesn't make sense, sticks with us our whole lives..

The Church realized early on that if
you got to kids when they were
very young, you had them for life.
Get them on the guilt train with their
silly stories and they'll ride the train
till they die.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 7th, 2015 at 3:51:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
The Church realized early on that if
you got to kids when they were
very young, you had them for life.
Get them on the guilt train with their
silly stories and they'll ride the train
till they die.

The church is hardly alone here. From communists to the gay movement the idea is always get to the kids early and often.
The President is a fink.
November 7th, 2015 at 4:08:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The church is hardly alone here. From communists to the gay movement the idea is always get to the kids early and often.

But as far as we know, the Church was the
first to institutionalize it. That's why they're
so against birth control, it means fewer
church members. Always follow the money.
The missionaries always knew if they had
a hard time convincing the natives, the
next generation would be a snap because
they got to them early.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 7th, 2015 at 4:12:38 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

Capitalists, the scout movement, astronomers and ice hockey teams too...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 7th, 2015 at 4:54:41 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Steve Jobs realized and gave all the schools Mac Computers at what seemed like give away pricing. Certainly came back in spades for him.

A lot of the problems with our society today come from the Communists who are now called teachers and get to our kids early.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 7th, 2015 at 5:45:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
Bill Gates realized and gave all the schools Mac Computers at what seemed like give away pricing. Certainly came back in spades for him.

A lot of the problems with our society today come from the Communists who are now called teachers and get to our kids early.

I think you mean Steve Jobs but I remember in college hearing he thought owning education in the 1980s meant owning business in the 1990s. One of the few things he missed on as what he missed was by the time the kids could make decisions for business the IBM salesforce would have business locked into a standard for decades.

Agree on the teachers, it crazy.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>