January 17th, 2016 at 2:30:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Face, 1 to 2 feet of snow for the mail
carriers in your area tonight thru Tue.
Time to call in sick again?

(I guess you can't change the font
size in the thread title)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 17th, 2016 at 9:28:24 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
yeah....not when you don't use /size

What are you....new?
January 18th, 2016 at 7:19:06 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
Face, 1 to 2 feet of snow for the mail
carriers in your area tonight thru Tue.
Time to call in sick again?

(I guess you can't change the font
size in the thread title)

Oh, aye. Last few days been a ripper, which is odd because we just had a few days of 40*'s again.

It's sort of becoming less an issue. As with every other misery, you just learn to cope. It's getting easier to determine which banks you can just ram into and/or through, which you should just skip, and bundling a skipped box is becoming automatic muscle memory. I can say snow surely takes a back seat to cold as far as obstacles go. Snow slows me down, but I can just tell myself it's gonna be a longer day. Cold makes my body stop working. Arms tighten, hands turn into claws, I'd rather have 2' of warm snow than a week of 15*.

But as far as problems go, I have much more pressing issues.

I fell. For seriously the first time in my adult life, I fell just while walking. It was so foreign to me, falling, that I didn't then and still can't now comprehend it. And it weren't no stumble or catch with an arm, it was a full on face plant. I barked my shin good, but the whole scene was so out of place I just laughed like a loon and carried on.

Woke up the next day and my shoulder is jacked. Woke up today and it's even worse. I'm just about at the level I was last year when I separated it; I can't lift it outward hardly at all, and what lifting I can do causes an audible squeak of pain.

I forced myself into and through hockey. I couldn't use it for all of the first period, but eventually had some situations where reflex made me force it out. Hurt like a sumbitch, but it does function. It might now be encased in fire and I have to have it cradled firmly to my side, but at least I know it works.

Of course slinging mail would require the very movement that I can't do. I dunno, man. I seriously can't catch even a wisp of a break.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 18th, 2016 at 8:44:52 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Pain is an excellent teacher : )
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 18th, 2016 at 11:48:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
People don't realize how big a deal
falling can be. Not down the stairs,
just falling period. I'm very aware
of it all the time. If I walk outside
I always use an aluminum walking
pole I got from Walmart. It keeps
you balanced, same as a cane does.
You're always aware of where your
center of gravity is. Just a few years
ago, Robert Atkins of Atkins Diet
fame, slipped on a NYC sidewalk, hit
his head, and died. Falling down is
no joke.

Fed holiday today, no mail delivery.
I bet it's not paid for you, though.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 18th, 2016 at 3:19:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
I use this every time I go outside, to
keep my balance. It's telescoping. If
your center of gravity is in balance,
it's a lot harder to fall down.

January 18th, 2016 at 5:51:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
People don't realize how big a deal
falling can be. Not down the stairs,
just falling period.

It has happened to me a few times. I am kind of a klutz. Hopefully it was bad luck and does not get worse with age.
The President is a fink.
January 18th, 2016 at 6:21:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just a few years
ago, Robert Atkins of Atkins Diet
fame, slipped on a NYC sidewalk, hit
his head, and died. Falling down is
no joke.

Funny, I always think of that incident when I think of falling while walking around.

I still remember about 25 or so years (or more) I was living in Illinois, and I decided for fun to make some ice just outside my door before a overnight cold freeze and poured out a bunch of water..

Next morning 2 steps out, I was down on my butt slipping on ice having forgotten about it in the morning. It was a painful fall. Sometimes you teach your own damn self.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?