Negative interest rates and what it means

April 13th, 2016 at 10:04:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3193
Quote: Pacomartin
Now it is four decades later and the idea is getting more traction. the goal is still stated to be to aid in eliminating money laundering, but why was that goal ignored for so long?
Because of who is doing the laundering. HSBC above admits to laundering 500 billion, pays a fine and no one goes to jail. Multiply that by all the tbtf banks and it is mind boggling to even think the NSA wasn't watching every transaction. They were doing just that, according to Snowden, Assange and others. Pretending it is low level pirates is a smoke screen for the public.

In Iraq the gov admits it doesn't know what happened to at least 6.6 billion in hundred dollar bills, out of 20 Hercules C-130 aircraft loaded with shrink wrapped hundreds. http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jun/13/world/la-fg-missing-billions-20110613

That was out of 20, C130 Herc's filled with freshly printed hundred dollar bills, and they lose two whole plane loads. Each country we destabilize and then occupy gets turned over to our central banking system for their money supply. I think, as one of the articles stated, up to 90% of the hundreds are offshore.

That money is coming back onshore, one way or another. If the fed calls a currency trade for new bills in a hurry, they can make billions. If they go forward with the neg. rates, that offshore money largely will come flooding back, before it loses any more value. Scary stuff.

There is something very big going on? http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/what-is-happening-to-banks/

And another unscheduled fed meeting today, the 13th. Maybe announce neg rates? Or a swap to some other currency during a bank holiday?
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
April 14th, 2016 at 1:33:38 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 850
Posts: 10148
I still think that the idea of the return of the Scandinavian Monetary Union from 1873-1914 is in the back of some people's mind. Although the SMU included today's Sweden, Norway, Iceland and Denmark the currencies of Sweden and Norway are within 1.22% of each other. Although Sweden is under obligation to adopt the Euro, it seems to have avoided that obligation so far based on a technicality.
April 14th, 2016 at 3:46:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 8641
Quote: petroglyph

That money is coming back onshore, one way or another. If the fed calls a currency trade for new bills in a hurry, they can make billions. If they go forward with the neg. rates, that offshore money largely will come flooding back, before it loses any more value. Scary stuff.

There is something very big going on? http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/what-is-happening-to-banks/

And another unscheduled fed meeting today, the 13th. Maybe announce neg rates? Or a swap to some other currency during a bank holiday?


I doubt they would do a currency swap yet. The USD gives too much power to the owner to give it up with no fight. The offshore currency is scary though. Look for it to create a huge bubble in equities and real property, the only places wealth can be protected long-term if the Fed succeeds in an inflationary policy.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
April 14th, 2016 at 11:56:53 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3193
Quote: AZDuffman
I doubt they would do a currency swap yet. The USD gives too much power to the owner to give it up with no fight. The offshore currency is scary though. Look for it to create a huge bubble in equities and real property, the only places wealth can be protected long-term if the Fed succeeds in an inflationary policy.
The Yuan gets accepted into the SDR "basket of currencies" on the 23rd. Rumors being passed around have been that the Chinese wouldn't accept $ in exchange for Yuan, precisely for what we have been posting here about. There is to much $$ floating around the world, and not only is it fiat, some of the wrong people have a lot of it. [supposedly] But it's been a rumor for a long time.

The Chinese have been buying gold [en masse] for over a decade now and have considerably more than their next competitor, who has let it slip out their back door. There just isn't anywhere that the actual physical gold that the Chinese have purchased to have come from, even the amount that they admit to is more than world mining totals, for a decade or more now. There needs to be an assay and audit of Fort Knox. Are you familiar with re-hypothecation? That is what Clinton's largest campaign bundler, John Corzine was doing at MF Global. China now has enough gold, for a gold backed Yuan, that is why the rumor say's they won't accept US $ for it.

Some of the central banks are like shell company's now with hollowed out balance sheets. The next wrc is either the Yuan or SDR. I'm thinking Yuan, via the Asia bank? That is the reason that Obama has pursued the TPP so vehemently for, in a mad dash to countermand the switch by the Bric's + Iran. The house of cards is falling. I think they are desperate.

"Some men just like to watch the world burn" Joker
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
April 14th, 2016 at 12:57:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 8641
Quote: petroglyph

The Chinese have been buying gold [en masse] for over a decade now and have considerably more than their next competitor, who has let it slip out their back door. There just isn't anywhere that the actual physical gold that the Chinese have purchased to have come from, even the amount that they admit to is more than world mining totals, for a decade or more now. There needs to be an assay and audit of Fort Knox. Are you familiar with re-hypothecation? That is what Clinton's largest campaign bundler, John Corzine was doing at MF Global. China now has enough gold, for a gold backed Yuan, that is why the rumor say's they won't accept US $ for it.


Several western nations have been selling off their gold. They think the gold era is over. IMHO they are soon to learn the hard way that things like that do not change. Gold has been a store of value for how many thousands of years, now all of the sudden they think all that is done for? Question is would China back the Yuan in gold? I do not see them opening a gold window, more holding the gold and using it as collateral for the IMF or other central bank loans.

Quote:
Some of the central banks are like shell company's now with hollowed out balance sheets. The next wrc is either the Yuan or SDR. I'm thinking Yuan, via the Asia bank? That is the reason that Obama has pursued the TPP so vehemently for, in a mad dash to countermand the switch by the Bric's + Iran. The house of cards is falling. I think they are desperate.


One reason USD remains the reserve currency is nobody else wants the position. If you take it you essentially must maintain current account deficits. Most nations are unwilling to do that.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
April 20th, 2016 at 11:44:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3193
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/treasurys-lew-to-announce-hamilton-to-stay-on-10-bill-222204 Replacing the twenty's and fives and possibly change the ten.

Clinton will remain on the 3$, : )
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
April 20th, 2016 at 7:45:46 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 850
Posts: 10148
Quote: petroglyph
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/treasurys-lew-to-announce-hamilton-to-stay-on-10-bill-222204 Replacing the twenty's and fives and possibly change the ten.


"Jackson was a scoundrel, a slave holder and a white supremacist who was involved in the removal of Indians and was completely opposed to paper money and was horrible to women, said Kari Winter, director of the gender institute
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/treasurys-lew-to-announce-hamilton-to-stay-on-10-bill-222204#ixzz46OrRiXwu
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Sounds about right.
April 20th, 2016 at 11:08:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 18
Posts: 3193
Refugee's collect more than half of the unemployment benefits in Sweden.

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6607/sweden-migrants-fear
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
April 21st, 2016 at 3:21:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 110
Posts: 8641
Quote: Pacomartin
"Jackson was a scoundrel, a slave holder and a white supremacist who was involved in the removal of Indians and was completely opposed to paper money and was horrible to women, said Kari Winter, director of the gender institute
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/treasurys-lew-to-announce-hamilton-to-stay-on-10-bill-222204#ixzz46OrRiXwu
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Sounds about right.


Lefties have hated Jackson for years. They forget the good he did and the reality that Indian removal was going to happen no matter what. He was not a "white supremacist" but rather a leader who looked out for his own country. He is my favorite Democrat in history.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
April 21st, 2016 at 3:53:59 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 850
Posts: 10148
I suppose one consideration for changing the $10 bill is that it represents only 5% of the banknotes in circulation.

Death Portrait Denomination: Percent of banknotes
Apr 17, 1790 Franklin $100: 28.3%
Dec 14, 1799 Washington $1:29.9%
Jul 12, 1804 Hamilton $10: 5.0%
Jul 4, 1826 Jefferson $2: 3.0%
Jun 8, 1845 Jackson $20: 22.4%
Apr 15, 1865 Lincoln $5: 7.2%
Jul 23, 1885 Grant $50 :4.2%


Norway has decided to dump their portraits completely and go with abstractions (as of next year). The reverse sides are the strongest attempt by any country to allow the visually impaired to distinguish denominations