My latest UFO

February 18th, 2016 at 3:39:58 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
While casually glancing up a few minutes ago during a break, I saw a rather dim, tiny light way up in the sky.

For a moment I thought it was Venus, but it was too high, and it's too early in the day, for that to be the case.

Then I really got excited, because one light you can easily spot in the sky during day time is a nearby nova! Alas, it seemed to flash and perhaps change color (it was very hard to tell). So I demoted it to a high flying airplane, either reflecting sunlight and/or with running lights on.

And maybe it was nothing at all. It was very hard to make out.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 18th, 2016 at 5:10:16 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Nareed
While casually glancing up a few minutes ago during a break, I saw a rather dim, tiny light way up in the sky.

For a moment I thought it was Venus, but it was too high, and it's too early in the day, for that to be the case.

Then I really got excited, because one light you can easily spot in the sky during day time is a nearby nova! Alas, it seemed to flash and perhaps change color (it was very hard to tell). So I demoted it to a high flying airplane, either reflecting sunlight and/or with running lights on.

And maybe it was nothing at all. It was very hard to make out.

Could have been a drone.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
February 18th, 2016 at 5:42:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: AcesAndEights
Could have been a drone.

No way.

I mean, I thought I'd seen a nova. Imagine being one of the first people in hundreds of years to see one with the naked eye! And in the daytime to boot.

I can accept it was a plane, but not an effing drone! :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 19th, 2016 at 12:59:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Effing drone.

They're advertising the crap out of
Gods Of Egypt, which means it sucks.
I won't be coming to Mexico to see
it with you, sorry. I know you were
looking forward to it. I was..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.