Should Christians be puinished for practicing their faith?

Page 1 of 3123>
Poll
2 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)
2 votes (33.33%)
1 vote (16.66%)
1 vote (16.66%)

6 members have voted

March 31st, 2016 at 10:24:40 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Self-evident question.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
March 31st, 2016 at 11:07:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Nareed
Self-evident question.

Keep it in your home or church
Keep it personal
Keep it private
I am ok with that

Pushing religious views on me in a public setting
against

When I attended the Trump event in Tampa a few weeks ago
I hung out with the protesters :-)
On the same corner, bible thumpers with a megaphone
Loud noise pollution, needs to be punished
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 31st, 2016 at 7:25:52 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
My son says clowns should be not be allowed to practice clowning in public.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 31st, 2016 at 8:18:15 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Wizard

I knew I liked your son. :)
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
March 31st, 2016 at 9:22:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I don't like street performers of any kind.
I really don't like those people on Fremont
who do those spray paint paintings. You
can literally teach a monkey to do that,
and people ooh and aah over it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 1st, 2016 at 7:07:02 AM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
April 1st, 2016 at 12:04:55 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Wizard

That's pretty funny XD

I generally don't have a problem with it. "Under God" on our money or .gov buildings bothers me not a wisp. I just spoke the Pledge a few weeks back and said aloud "under God", cuz that's what the pledge is. Who gives a s@#$? I'm not so delicate I become threatened by other's silliness.

Wtf are those things called...Xmas time with the Jesus... the manger? Whatever it is, it's silly to me. Kinda weird, I don't get it, but I don't care what others put in their yards, no more than I care about others caring about my long grass and half finished car. Don't care about crosses at accident sites, don't care about people crossing themselves, whatever.

Wanna bow to Mecca? Don't do it in the middle of the sidewalk or street and I don't care. Wanna chisel a tat into your back? If you're not forcing me into a delay, forcing me to take notice, or slowing me down, have at it. Your crazy is no more my concern than my crazy is yours.

Ex-wife/M-i-L introduced my kid to the Jesus. Now that I would be all for doling out penalties. Have my f$%^ing kid coming to me saying "I don't care if I die, I'll stay with grandpa in die-Heaven" makes me dry heave. Penalties for that should start at death and increase from there (emoticon purposely omitted).
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 1st, 2016 at 1:59:46 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
That's pretty funny XD

I generally don't have a problem with it. "Under God" on our money or .gov buildings bothers me not a wisp. I just spoke the Pledge a few weeks back and said aloud "under God", cuz that's what the pledge is. Who gives a s@#$? I'm not so delicate I become threatened by other's silliness.

Wtf are those things called...Xmas time with the Jesus... the manger? Whatever it is, it's silly to me. Kinda weird, I don't get it, but I don't care what others put in their yards, no more than I care about others caring about my long grass and half finished car. Don't care about crosses at accident sites, don't care about people crossing themselves, whatever.

Wanna bow to Mecca? Don't do it in the middle of the sidewalk or street and I don't care. Wanna chisel a tat into your back? If you're not forcing me into a delay, forcing me to take notice, or slowing me down, have at it. Your crazy is no more my concern than my crazy is yours.

Ex-wife/M-i-L introduced my kid to the Jesus. Now that I would be all for doling out penalties. Have my f$%^ing kid coming to me saying "I don't care if I die, I'll stay with grandpa in die-Heaven" makes me dry heave. Penalties for that should start at death and increase from there (emoticon purposely omitted).

So I've told this back a couple years, but you reminded me of it, and it's made me mad all over again.

My father was dying, and my sister tried to get down here to say goodbye (didn't make it, unfortunately). She brought the oldest (11) along, left the rest and their terminally ill dad with his parents as caregivers. The grandparents take the kids to their Methodist church that Sunday while she's still here. At coffee after the service, one of the church biddies approaches the 8 year old. "I heard the pastor mention your grandfather had passed away this week; you must be very sad." "Oh, yes, I loved him." "Was he a Methodist?" "No, I don't think so (Episcopalean, FWIW), but I'm sure he's in Heaven." "Oh, too bad, dear, but your grandfather's burning in Hell now."

This to an 8 year old. Really? She freaked, had to be taken home crying. This is Christianity at its worst. I hope that old bi*(& is doing her own roasting now; my niece was a religious mess for years after that.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 1st, 2016 at 2:09:05 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: beachbumbabs
She freaked, had to be taken home crying. This is Christianity at its worst.
It is Christianity as it is, exposed.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 1st, 2016 at 2:23:08 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: beachbumbabs

This to an 8 year old. Really? She freaked, had to be taken home crying. This is Christianity at its worst. I hope that old bi*(& is doing her own roasting now; my niece was a religious mess for years after that.

(/rant aborted)

Almost got me, babs. Yeah. That's dumb, and a violation of Face's Only Commandment.

I hope you and your niece take consolation with the fact that the biddy "wasn't a real Christian" /rolleyes
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 1 of 3123>