Creepy animal video

April 18th, 2016 at 2:10:55 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Obviously this hyena has bonded with this young man, but it's like a boy and his hell dog.
April 18th, 2016 at 3:44:00 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Weird music.

Wild animals do remember their caretakers. One couple spent seven months in the most densely-beared part of Alaska and then packed up to leave and on their final day they were each eaten...leisurely. Since they had cameras and tape recorders the material had to be listened to and the state trooper said it was difficult for him.

I'm sure you remember that English couple that wrote two books about living with a lioness in Africa. Some friends of their drove over and expected to see a cuddly lion cub in a cage; instead the near full grown lioness walked up to their jeep inquisitively.
April 18th, 2016 at 8:45:35 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Hyenas first arose in Eurasia from 23 to 5 million years before present , and soon became well known as being of two distinct types: the lightly built dog-like hyenas and the robust bone-crushing hyenas. The dog-like hyenas thrived 15 million years ago but they became extinct after a change in climate along with the arrival of canids into Eurasia. Of the dog-like hyena lineage, only the aardwolf survived (4th photo) , while the bone-crushing hyenas (top 3 photos) became the undisputed top scavengers of Eurasia and Africa.
Hyenas feature prominently in the folklore and mythology of human cultures. Hyenas are commonly viewed as frightening and worthy of contempt, and are associated with witchcraft, because their body parts are used as ingredients in traditional medicine. In some cultures, hyenas are thought to influence people’s spirits, rob graves, and steal livestock and children.

Youtube is full of videos of people being re-united with wild animals that imprinted on them when they were young. Most of them are adorable, but the hyena video was just creepy
April 18th, 2016 at 10:50:36 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Regular dogs can turn on their master.
That guy better watch his fingers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2016 at 1:39:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Looks very typical dog-like happy greeting.

Though I can imagine many people freaking out. Only a face a mother could love.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 18th, 2016 at 1:59:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Pacomartin
[Obviously this hyena has bonded with this young man, but it's like a boy and his hell dog.

I have wondered about something for years since a fella told me, he loved all animals except hyena's. His reason for disliking them is he claimed the dominate male in every group asserts it's dominance by forcibly having sex with every other animal in the pack? I don't know if it is a fact or not.

I noticed on the video between 1:40 & 2:20, "Jack" was on his back, or "giving the guy his belly", a sign of submission. Between the marks the video is blurred around the sexual part of the animal, I wondered if that was a coincidence or maybe it was orgasming, as a billy goat would do?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 18th, 2016 at 4:25:26 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: petroglyph
I have wondered about something for years since a fella told me, he loved all animals except hyena's. His reason for disliking them is he claimed the dominate male in every group asserts it's dominance by forcibly having sex with every other animal in the pack?

In spotted hyenas (most common kind) females dominate males, with even the lowest ranking females being dominant over the highest ranking males. The female also possesses no external vagina , as the labia are fused to form a pseudo-scrotum. The pseudo-penis in the female is traversed to its tip by a central urogenital canal, through which the female urinates, copulates and gives birth. The pseudo-penis can be distinguished from the males' genitalia by its greater thickness and more rounded glans.

So your friends knowledge of hyena behavior seems to be based on mythology.
April 18th, 2016 at 6:03:37 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Thanks Paco, that is true to form for that guy. I guess I should have looked it up.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW