If Movies Were Real: What's the worst fictional movie situation to be in?

June 8th, 2016 at 2:18:51 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I came across this poll on IMDB and thought the question very interesting. If you were a lead character in a fictional movie, which movie's situation would be the worst to be in? Of course, as a real person in the middle of it all, you wouldn't know how the story was going to end...

Kurt Russell's character in John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing" (1982) comes to mind. Trapped in an isolated research base with a killer shape shifting alien... That movie was pretty scary.

June 8th, 2016 at 3:04:42 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Worst to be in?

Hard to measure. One director on a tight budget decided a dark screen and a woman screaming would make his audience truly afraid.
One other director had a war scene about an ambush and he too used a black screen with an audio recording to show the confusion and panic rather than visually depicting the actual ambush. I don't know if it was for budgetary reasons or not.

Never able to fall asleep or the Pod People will occupy your brain?
June 8th, 2016 at 3:08:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Ayecarumba
If you were a lead character in a fictional movie, which movie's situation would be the worst to be in?

You'll have to be more specific.

Take a movie like "Cleopatra." Even if you don't end up dead in one of the many battle scenes, you still wind up living for decades in the ancient world. YUCK! (though at least the Romans were fond of bathing).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 8th, 2016 at 3:20:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ayecarumba
I came across this poll on IMDB and thought the question very interesting. If you were a lead character in a fictional movie, which movie's situation would be the worst to be in? Of course, as a real person in the middle of it all, you wouldn't know how the story was going to end...

Kurt Russell's character in John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing" (1982) comes to mind. Trapped in an isolated research base with a killer shape shifting alien... That movie was pretty scary.

Great movie
One of my all time faves
The prequel movie made after this one was pretty good also
The prequel is the Norwegians discovering the Thing and bringing it to their base
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 8th, 2016 at 3:32:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm going with Creepers 2.

Not sure if any of the characters trapped on a school bus count as leads.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 8th, 2016 at 4:40:10 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"Johnny got his gun". Most of you probably haven't seen it or read the book it is based on. It doesn't depend on special effects or make believe monsters. It is a first person story from an injured soldiers perspective that at first doesn't realize how badly he is injured. As the story progresses he learns he has no arms, legs or face and has no way of communicating with the world. Everyone assumes that he is basically brain dead. Being trapped like that would be truly horrible.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 9th, 2016 at 9:46:24 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: kenarman
"Johnny got his gun". Most of you probably haven't seen it or read the book it is based on. It doesn't depend on special effects or make believe monsters. It is a first person story from an injured soldiers perspective that at first doesn't realize how badly he is injured. As the story progresses he learns he has no arms, legs or face and has no way of communicating with the world. Everyone assumes that he is basically brain dead. Being trapped like that would be truly horrible.

I haven't seen it, but that would be pretty bad. "Locked-In" syndrome is a real thing. It's not a movie, but the original pilot for the first "Star Trek" T.V. series was re-worked into a two episode story with a similar plot. It would suck to be Christopher Pike... until the reality bending happy ending.

June 9th, 2016 at 1:05:56 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Probably Human Centipede.