Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

August 16th, 2016 at 8:14:31 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Repbubs have no reason to worry.

Agreed.

They, and us, won't have to be live in a world where King Donald I is a reality.

Besides, don't you think that "King Donald" sounds ridiculous? I keep picturing an angry duck on the royal seal :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 16th, 2016 at 8:42:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Young voters, 18 to 35, are the future of both major parties
Trump is totally tanking among young voters
56% for Clinton, 20% for Trump
WOW
The number of Millennials in the U.S. is estimated at 75.4 million and is now larger than the members of the Baby Boom generation, who are now between the ages of 51 and 69
Things are not looking good for the future of the Republican party

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/young-voters-reject-Trump/2016/08/14/id/743536/
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 16th, 2016 at 9:51:36 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: terapined
Young voters, 18 to 35, are the future of both major parties
Trump is totally tanking among young voters
56% for Clinton, 20% for Trump
WOW

I forget, how many more groups does he need to turn off in order to win the election by a landslide?
August 16th, 2016 at 9:57:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Nareed
I forget, how many more groups does he need to turn of in order to win the election by a landslide?

Don't worry - the Trump campaign has brought on Roger Ailes to right the ship.

As if women didn't hate Trump enough!!!!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 16th, 2016 at 10:33:17 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Nareed
I forget, how many more groups does he need to turn off in order to win the election by a landslide?

Quote: NBC
Donald Trump has said he opposes plans to replace former president Andrew Jackson with anti-slavery campaigner Harriet Tubman on the face of the $20 bill, telling NBC’s Today Show the move was an act of “pure political correctness”. Trump said he would prefer to leave Jackson on the bill and place Tubman’s image on another denomination. “Maybe we do the $2 bill or we do another bill,” he said.

Every action like this can be termed "political correctness" if you don't like it. Even choosing female classical singers can be draw complaints

Opera singer Malena Ernman has criticized the Riksbank for choosing a design where Birgit Nilsson has been depicted performing Die Walküre by Richard Wagner. She pointed out that it was very inappropriate to include something by Wagner, whose works were closely associated with Nazi Germany, in a time of increasing problems with antisemitism in Sweden. The Riksbank replied saying that it’s ‘unfortunate that the choice of design is seen as negative’, and stated that it’s not going to be changed.

6 banknotes with female classical musicians (2 Sweden, 1 Norway, 1 German, 1 Italian)

The question I have is how many undecided votes is Trump going to swing his way for criticizing the Tubman banknote. If you think it is an act of "political correctness" then you are likely to be a Trump supporter already.
August 16th, 2016 at 10:53:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Don't worry - the Trump campaign has brought on Roger Ailes to right the ship.

As if women didn't hate Trump enough!!!!!

Maybe he wants another divorce?

BTW, I've been browsing the Freakanomics podcast. I ran across an old one, c.2010, about how much does the President matter. Overall they downplay the power of the presidency by focusing too much on the economy. It's true the president has little power to affect it, though you wouldn't know it by most campaigns and most election results.

They did stress, though, the president sets the tone in politics, partly through media attention and partly through the exercise of leadership. That is what makes Trump a truly terrible, damaging, poisonous candidate. It's one thing for a candidate to engage in vitriol and invective against his rival (though it's unseemly), it's quite another to do so against groups of people, within or without the country.
August 16th, 2016 at 11:12:43 AM permalink
terapined
Utah .......
Trump & Hillary are tied at 35%, Gary Johnson gets 13%

Do I think Hillary could win Utah? Doubtful.

But it'll be interesting to see if maybe she'll have a campaign stop or two there to make Trump play defense in a state that Republicans usually win by 30 points.

Clinton is outperforming Trump in the poll expectations question in Utah
Who will win?
45% of Utah Voters expect Clinton to win
Only 20% expect Trump to win

Nationally all voters, 39% expect Clinton to win with 3 months to go. WOW
Nationally just Trump supporters , 32% of Trump supporters expect him to lose

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/both-parties-expect-trump-loss_us_57b33954e4b0c75f49d86312?section=&
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 17th, 2016 at 6:23:28 AM permalink
terapined
Watching TV here in battleground Florida
Hmm, with Clinton leading by 8 points down here, should FL still be considered a battleground state
anyway
Watching tons of Olympic coverage and during the commercials, an attack ad against Trump
featuring of all people
Charles Krauthammer
lol
Here is the anti Trump ad playing in the Tampa market featuring Charles Krauthammer with Bill O(right at the end of the ad) :-)
http://www.hapblog.com/2016/08/video-new-clinton-attack-ad-features.html
August 17th, 2016 at 6:32:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Watching TV here in battleground Florida
Hmm, with Clinton leading by 8 points down here, should FL still be considered a battleground state
anyway
Watching tons of Olympic coverage and during the commercials, an attack ad against Trump
featuring of all people
Charles Krauthammer
lol
Here is the anti Trump ad playing in the Tampa market featuring Charles Krauthammer with Bill O(right at the end of the ad) :-)
http://www.hapblog.com/2016/08/video-new-clinton-attack-ad-features.html

I've seen that ad a million times here in Michigan. I love the *sigh* at the end from Bill-O.

I like the negative ads I've seen from Hillary that bash Trump. They are much more effective than the positive ones trying to boost her image, IMO.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2016 at 9:47:13 AM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Been in the country just over 24hrs and have asked a couple of people their thoughts on Trump as it's interesting to hear any differences to the prevailing opinion of him in Australia. Survey so far stands at 3 people. A white middle aged couple were clearly against him but we didn't get into reasons why. A 60 year old black cab driver originally from Nigeria (Christian faith) was against him but offered some thought out reasoning rather that simply ranting. Basically said he thought internationally Trump would be a disaster as he didn't think foreign leaders would deal well with a guy shoots his mouth off like that. Thinks he needs to think before he speaks. While his message might have some merit, it's as much about how you say it as well. Interesting.