Trump vs Hillary 2016

Thread Rating:

November 21st, 2016 at 2:30:42 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: RonC
The reports from some reviewers have said that the audience is not very diverse...rich old white people is what one mentioned...

That may be the case but that doesn't change the fact that tickets are not a min of $500 each despite the reports. If you want to see it for $10 then try your luck in the lottery.

To be honest I can't recall a whole lot of diversity at any broadway show I've ever seen. Perhaps not many minorities are interested in theatre?
November 21st, 2016 at 5:04:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Saw a piece today about how after Hillary had her wipe-out in "middle America" that advertising agencies are now worried about their message getting through. McCann, the place that hired Don Draper, said they are thinking that maybe just maybe middle America does not dream of living in the cosmopolitan metro areas.

Well, soak me in molasses and tie me to an ant hill! They finally realize this? Truth be told I think most of middle America looks at LA, NYC, etc and wonders how or why anyone could live that life. I know I see the cost of housing on a regular basis and can't figure out how people even survive.

Of course little to anything will come from it. Just amusing to read about.
The President is a fink.
November 21st, 2016 at 6:20:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Saw a piece today about how after Hillary had her wipe-out in "middle America" that advertising agencies are now worried about their message getting through. McCann, the place that hired Don Draper, said they are thinking that maybe just maybe middle America does not dream of living in the cosmopolitan metro areas.
ne
Well, soak me in molasses and tie me to an ant hill! They finally realize this? Truth be told I think most of middle America looks at LA, NYC, etc and wonders how or why anyone could live that life. I know I see the cost of housing on a regular basis and can't figure out how people even survive.

Of course little to anything will come from it. Just amusing to read about.

I don't really believe the analysis of the election is all that useful. I doubt seriously we will have another election winner like Trump in the next 10 elections. (not counting the next which I suspect he will run barring something happening )

People are trying to factor a fairly unusual variable with normal methods. I don't think anyone knows how to do that kind of math.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2016 at 2:05:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I don't really believe the analysis of the election is all that useful. I doubt seriously we will have another election winner like Trump in the next 10 elections. (not counting the next which I suspect he will run barring something happening )

People are trying to factor a fairly usual variable with normal methods. I don't think anyone knows how to do that kind of math.

On the one hand correct. Nothing stuck to Trump since he was such the unconventional candidate. OTOH, Democrats keep talking about middle America voting "against their self interest" as if all that matters to the average voter is wealth redistribution to themselves. The USA is for sure two societies at this time, and the gap is widening.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2016 at 4:28:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Can you imagine if the cast of a play had a famous legislator attending who was for affirmative action, let's say, and together addressed said legislator about the hidden negatives that affirmative action brings? Would that be appropriate free speech? Can you even imagine the liberal media outrage? It would 'trump' what we have seen over this incident I can assure you!

In my opinion the cast members of a play should NEVER address an audience member in a way that would (or even might) make that member uncomfortable.
Write a letter to the editor. Write a blog. Do an interview later. Peacefully march.

By the way, at $500 a ticket, I would love to see the diversity in the audience. Probably not so much.....

This was all done after the play was over.
The play is over, Pence is walking out as are many others are also.
The cast gathers for the bows
and then was the speech delivered

In the music scene, its very common to get political from the stage
Roger Waters, Neil Young, Pete Seeger, Janis Ian, Ted Nugent ect are all examples
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2016 at 5:25:10 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
This was all done after the play was over.
The play is over, Pence is walking out as are many others are also.
The cast gathers for the bows
and then was the speech delivered

Roger Waters, Neil Young, Pete Seeger, Janis Ian, Ted Nugent ect are all examples

All what you say is true. That doesn't make it right. If they are opining from the stage it is wrong to single out an audience member in a negative way. Their comments implied that Mr. Pence is against fairness, diversity, etc..... Just because that may be true does not change the fact that it is an inappropriate venue and time.
November 22nd, 2016 at 6:32:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
All what you say is true. That doesn't make it right. If they are opining from the stage it is wrong to single out an audience member in a negative way. Their comments implied that Mr. Pence is against fairness, diversity, etc..... Just because that may be true does not change the fact that it is an inappropriate venue and time.

Definitely not the way to treat one of your customers.
The President is a fink.
November 22nd, 2016 at 7:23:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined

Obviously the modern GOP can dish it out but not take it. They need safe spaces where their feelings won't be hurt and they can be safe even from microagressions.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 22nd, 2016 at 7:43:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Nareed
Obviously the modern GOP can dish it out but not take it. They need safe spaces where their feelings won't be hurt and they can be safe even from microagressions.

They are taking things much better than the Democrats/Liberals. I haven't seen too many instances of Republicans/Conservatives being excused from class because their feelings are hurt.

It is okay to take exception with something you don't like in this country. I think the Dem/Libs are wasting valuable time whining, but it is fine with me...the longer they whine, the less time they spend actually figuring out how to do a better job of presenting their case.

Whine away....
November 22nd, 2016 at 8:10:43 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Definitely not the way to treat one of your customers.

Hamilton is sold out for the foreseeable future
That tells me their customers are thrilled and happy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"