Trump & Putin

June 2nd, 2017 at 6:11:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ams288
LOL... this reminds me of the time you tried to say Donald wasn't orange and Obama was.

Just sad.

Maybe that's what's wrong with him. He's using something that causes some sort of poisoning to the brain. He's probably using expired Preparation H and rusty brake fluid or some other toxic substance on his skin.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 11th, 2017 at 5:20:19 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Here's a timeline of the Russia scandal. A lot of this makes more sense in hindsight.
July 12th, 2017 at 2:00:09 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Russian Officials Overheard Discussing Trump Associates Before Campaign Began

Before this week, I would have never believed that there was an email (with the subject line "Russia - Clinton - private and confidential") where they openly admit that the Russian government is trying to elect Trump.

So what else is out there? What other meetings were held?

These traitors clearly weren't too discreet with their collusion.... and apparently didn't realize that a lot of these powerful Russians they were in contact with were likely under surveillance by our intelligence community - as this article points out.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 1st, 2017 at 1:35:02 PM permalink
reno
Back in May, it was reported that within 48 hours of Trump winning the election, Obama personally urged Trump not to hire Flynn. As far as Obama was concerned, Flynn was way more trouble than he was worth.

That was really really good advice. Trump should've listened.
July 18th, 2018 at 10:04:24 AM permalink
reno
Seems to me that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election consisted of 3 main strategies:

1) Hack into the Democrats' computers and use the data to damage Hillary

2) Spread propaganda via Facebook & Twitter

3) Hack into the voting machine software used by 8 U.S. states: California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New York, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Of these three crimes, it's the last one that I consider the most serious. Moreover, there's no reason to believe that Russia won't continue to meddle in 2018 and 2020.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue pitting Democrats against Republicans because even if Trump benefitted in 2016, there's no guarantee that the Russians won't switch sides and help out a Democrat in 2024.

But here's the real problem: If the shoe were on the other foot and Putin had successfully helped Hillary win, how would I personally feel? I'd probably be relieved that we dodged a bullet, 'cause thank god Trump lost!! I'm not proud of this hypocrisy; it shows how corrosive & corrupting partisan tribalism can be: Russian hacking is A-OK so long as my team wins.

A good analogy is this: I have a bank account at Chase. So if hackers steal data/money from Citibank customers, I should still be extremely concerned, even if I wasn't personally robbed. There's no guarantee that my bank won't be next.
July 19th, 2018 at 2:04:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see the Gallup poll before
and after the Trump/Putin presser?
In both cases the number of Americans
that care about the Russia thing is
so small it can't be measured in the
poll. I'm sure it's wrong, just watch
CNN for 5 min. LOL!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 19th, 2018 at 2:09:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody see the Gallup poll before
and after the Trump/Putin presser?
In both cases the number of Americans
that care about the Russia thing is
so small it can't be measured in the
poll. I'm sure it's wrong, just watch
CNN for 5 min. LOL!
I was absolutely proud of Trump for his meeting with Vlad, I haven't felt this good about anything a POTUS has done since Reagan's tear down the wall, or Kennedy's threat to break the CIA into a thousand pieces and return to a backed currency.

If this keeps up, I may have to consider voting again and maybe this time not for Ron Paul, but we'll see.

Awesome Mr. Trump, just awesome.

I also respect what Ron Paul had to say about the meeting; https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-18/ron-paul-praises-trumps-peaceful-negotiations-putin-damns-deep-state-media
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 19th, 2018 at 5:22:03 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: reno
Here's a timeline of the Russia scandal. A lot of this makes more sense in hindsight.

Thank you so much for this, it does help to make some sense of all this craziness.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 20th, 2018 at 10:28:52 AM permalink
reno
Quote: reno
This shouldn't be a partisan issue pitting Democrats against Republicans because even if Trump benefitted in 2016, there's no guarantee that the Russians won't switch sides and help out a Democrat in 2024.

Politico magazine has an article out today titled Why Russia Will Help The Democrats Next. The author notes that other adversaries (China, Iran) have taken note of Russia's success at meddling in the U.S. election and could easily copycat it (Russia's operation wasn't particularly expensive.) China in particular has strong incentives to help the Democrats win:

Quote: Politico
One way for China to extend the period of a vacuum of American leadership: Throw the Senate to the Dems, ensuring not just two years of oversight hearings but also fraught nomination fights that would leave the government understaffed and under-resourced and unable to engage thoughtfully with the rest of the world.

Democratic control of one or both houses of Congress might, from a brass tacks Chinese or Russian perspective, guarantee two years of a paralyzed America, a country continuing to look inward, not outward. And Democratic control of Congress could help arrest Trump’s trade war, which actually could be harming China’s growth and rise—and the one thing China can’t afford to lose right now is it’s economic growth. A Democratic House might lead to a polarizing impeachment fight that would further exacerbate America’s political divides and weaken the country globally, at least in the short term.

China doesn’t need to sideline the U.S. forever—just long enough to have built itself into the global military and economic superpower befitting its status as the world’s most populous nation.

It's all just conjecture, but the point is that both political parties need to take this threat seriously.
July 21st, 2018 at 2:39:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I got tears in my eyes listening to
this guy. The revolution is here.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.