No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 6th, 2019 at 2:02:11 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That is the politico fact checkers agreeing with trump, not refuting him. Not every fact check was negative. For example:

Trump:
We eliminated the very unpopular Obamacare individual mandate penalty.

Politico:
HEALTH CARE
Fact check: True. The individual mandate penalty was one of the least popular parts of the Affordable Care Act, and Republicans got rid of it in their tax bill at the end of 2017. It’s still not clear if the GOP's move is helping or hurting health insurance enrollment.

Where do they say "only" 31%? This is what is currently published:
Trump:
One in three women is sexually assaulted on the long journey north.

Politico:
IMMIGRATION
A 2017 report by Doctors Without Borders found 31 percent of female migrants and 17 percent of male migrants said they had been sexually abused while traveling through Mexico. For the report, the medical organization randomly surveyed 467 migrants in shelters that it supports in Mexico — what it called "a snapshot in time" based on the population available in the selected facilities.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2019/trump-state-of-the-union-2019-live-fact-check-transcript-2/5/19/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 6th, 2019 at 2:29:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
That is the politico fact checkers agreeing with trump, not refuting him. Not every fact check was negative. For example:

The exact quote:

"SOTU fact check: Trump said “one in three women is sexually assaulted on the long journey north.” That's partly true."

They were not "agreeing with him." They were finding a way to make it look like he was lying. They made fools of themselves.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2019 at 4:44:56 PM permalink
Dalex64
Well, if that is what they said, it is a bit nit-picky, though it is closer to 3 in 10 than 1 in 3.

So he could have said "almost one in 3" or "more than 3 in 10". Someone would probably argue if 31% is almost 1 in 3.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 6th, 2019 at 5:07:21 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64
Well, if that is what they said, it is a bit nit-picky, though it is closer to 3 in 10 than 1 in 3.

So he could have said "almost one in 3" or "more than 3 in 10". Someone would probably argue if 31% is almost 1 in 3.

Only a reject from the idiot farm would care that someone said "1 in 3" when it was "31%" in this case. Really, why bring it up?

It is like whining that JFK was actually POTUS for 1036 days when someone says, "He was only in office 1,000 days."

It is like wondering why the 5th dentist does not recommend sugarless gum.

It is like going to the cage to cash in a three cent slot ticket because you didn't have enough for a nickel credit play.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2019 at 8:41:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I didn't watch but 5 minutes of SOTU. But I read Trump said he wanted immigrants to come in the largest numbers ever. Legally of course.

So, this is a surprise to me, he wants more legal immigrants to take American jobs. LOL.

This seems like it may be news to many in the GOP. Bring in MORE.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2019 at 10:14:54 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: rxwine
I didn't watch but 5 minutes of SOTU. But I read Trump said he wanted immigrants to come in the largest numbers ever. Legally of course.

So, this is a surprise to me, he wants more legal immigrants to take American jobs. LOL.

He wants to start replacing that cheap illegal labor that his companies have hired and now started firing.
February 7th, 2019 at 2:29:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

Why do you think the GOP is against legal immigration?

He wants a system like most countries use, bring in skilled people who will support themselves, not illegals with low skills who will be a drag on the system. He has said this many times and it would only be "news" to people who spend their lives waiting for Putin to release some pee tape.
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2019 at 11:47:53 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Knowing the diversity of thought we have in this thread - thought I would post a photo and ask everyone to caption it:

February 7th, 2019 at 12:05:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: aceofspades
Knowing the diversity of thought we have in this thread - thought I would post a photo and ask everyone to caption it:

"I was talking to her about nuclear fission earlier. She asked what to use for bait."
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2019 at 12:11:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

"The dumber they are the better (fill in the blank) they give."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.