No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 6th, 2021 at 12:26:54 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
A woman has been shot in the chest and is in critical condition.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2021 at 12:30:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: rxwine
He's done what he can to cast suspicion on the whole election process for weeks, months. Now he reaps what he sows. Hey, FrGamble, how's that?

Actually, a correction, ]He's done what he can to cast suspicion on the whole election process for weeks, months and all the legal remedies leaving nothing but illegal remedies.

Good job Trump. Mr stable genius.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2021 at 12:37:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
How could any Trump supporter see this image and not feel shame or embarrassment?

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2021 at 12:44:47 PM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: ams288
How could any Trump supporter see this image and not feel shame or embarrassment?

Because they are all traitors. Every single one of them.

I am embarrassed and ashamed I voted for Trump. This is so disgusting.
January 6th, 2021 at 1:16:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: gamerfreak

Because they are all traitors. Every single one of them.

I am embarrassed and ashamed I voted for Trump. This is so disgusting.

Take it easy, man. You're not the one there doing any of this.

Here's the thing: I watched all of Trump's speech today because I figured this would be one that I would enjoy. Truth be told, it was FAR less inflammatory than I'd ever expected and nothing he said could even be loosely interpreted as a call to violence. The closest that they can (and probably will) come is to take a snippet of something he said way out of context.

It was actually one of his least effective speeches because he mostly lost the crowd halfway through. He started citing figures (don't know where he got them from) about the states in question and it became a snoozefest for most of his supporters. White Evangelical Christians generally become quickly bored with anything academic sounding...even if it's coming from someone they agree with.

The only thing that he said is that Biden won the election by way of fraud and that we may well have four years of an illegitimate (in his opinion) president. Beyond that, he said that he would work to, "Primary," any house or senate Republican who is, 'Weak,' (because they don't support the overturn) as quickly as possible.

You're looking at the actions of a few extremists who are basically just doing what they are doing because they want to do this and it gives them a convenient excuse. It's no different than the looting and rioting that went on throughout last year. I should imagine that the vast majority of Trumpers to appear in D.C. did so with the intent of peaceful public protest and that's what the majority of them are doing or attempting to do. No different in that sense than the majority of BLM protesters.

Anyway, curfew has been called for 6:00p.m. Broadcast it on the loudspeakers and mobilize the National Guard. When the 6:00p.m. hits, give them ten minutes leeway and then gun anyone left down. Shoot to kill. Just like they should have done with the looting and rioting, end it quickly and decisively.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 6th, 2021 at 1:30:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: Dalex64
Perhaps there are some non-violent ways to calm down the protesters, such as:

Trump concedes that he lost the election.

If that isn't enough, then he can then resign, in an attempt to end once and for all the notion that he will remain president.

Nope, instead he claimed again that the election was fraudulently stolen from him, and oh eventually got around to telling people to go home.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2021 at 1:38:11 PM permalink
Dalex64
This is more like it.

"The violence and destruction taking place at the US Capitol Must Stop and it Must Stop Now. Anyone involved must respect Law Enforcement officers and immediately leave the building,"

"Peaceful protest is the right of every American, but this attack on our Capitol will not be tolerated and those involved will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

That's from Mike Pence
January 6th, 2021 at 1:40:17 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Dems just added re-education camps to their agenda.

Jack Ma, still missing two months after criticizing the Chinese government.
January 6th, 2021 at 1:43:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Dalex64
This is more like it.

"The violence and destruction taking place at the US Capitol Must Stop and it Must Stop Now. Anyone involved must respect Law Enforcement officers and immediately leave the building,"

"Peaceful protest is the right of every American, but this attack on our Capitol will not be tolerated and those involved will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."

That's from Mike Pence

Lost in all the chaos today is the fact that Donny completely threw Pence under the bus.

And apparently Pence unfollowed @realDonaldTrump on Twitter (LOL!!!)

Quote: @realDonaldTrump
Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2021 at 1:51:43 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Lost in all the chaos today is the fact that Donny completely threw Pence under the bus.

And apparently Pence unfollowed @realDonaldTrump on Twitter (LOL!!!)

Pence must be hating every time he said "under the leadership of President Trump" blah blah blah....

I wonder if Pence has any chance of a political career after this?

I may repeat this a few times..... I LOVED MCCONNELL's opening comments.