2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 23rd, 2017 at 1:20:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
Trump didn't win. Hatred, fear, nativism, and bigotry won. .

Sick to death of Obama-ism won. Sick
to death of going nowhere except down
won. Closing borders won. Need I go
on?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:21:12 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
on?

Putin won.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:29:39 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I blame Gary Hart.

Had he not been caught in flagrante delicto and thus not been forced to drop out of the primaries, he'd have had a good chance of defeating Bush the elder. Anyone that year or any year would have had a better chance than Dukakis(*).

What happened instead was Bush I went on to fight, and win, a short war in Kuwait and Iraq. This made him so popular in early 1991, that his reelection looked like a done deal. This meant few of the better Democrats that year even bothered to look into a presidential run, which left the door open for Bill Clinton (who was caught doing the Gary Hart, but managed to weasel out of it).

Clinton had a reasonably successful administration, despite a rocky start, and more important managed to be the first Democrat to win reelection in decades (and had he been able to keep it in his pants, Gore would have defeated Bush the younger). Though his term ended and he retired from active politics, his administration left the Clintons with a lot of power within the Democratic party. Thus Hillary in 2008 and 2016, and thus Golden Boy flinging shit at press conferences.

(*) Except perhaps Dukakis' lieutenant governor, who proved it by losing to another Bush in 04.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:31:53 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
on?

PROMISES of closing borders won. Despite the fact that closing borders is an idiotic thing for a trading nation to do in a global economy. "Nowhere but down"--vastly improved economy and much lower unemployment under that Muslim darky that you hate.

But no, you needn't go on.
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:35:41 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
When you used it that way. Please, don't be so hypocritical as to pretend that you meant it in any other way.

I am not bashful. I meant it exactly in an other way. Your mind reading powers have failed you on this occassion.
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:43:49 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: buzzardknot
I am not bashful. I meant it exactly in an other way. Your mind reading powers have failed you on this occassion.

Poor and inept suspension dodge. Don't worry, I wasn't actually going to tell on you. I will even accept your apology for the insult! Oh, wait...
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:50:36 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Mike has always seemed fair, so I had no fear of suspension. And never thought you would rat me out in any case, Stinky.
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:52:21 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
PROMISES of closing borders won. Despite the fact that closing borders is an idiotic thing for a trading nation to do in a global economy. "Nowhere but down"--vastly improved economy and much lower unemployment under that Muslim darky that you hate.

But no, you needn't go on.

Don't most countries have "closed borders"? I am not saying physically closed, as in with a wall, but closed by law to all but those who are actually allowed to enter by that country?

Who cares if illegal aliens can't enter freely?

Trade freedom is an entirely different issue.
February 23rd, 2017 at 1:53:44 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: RonC
Don't most countries have "closed borders"? I am not saying physically closed, as in with a wall, but closed by law to all but those who are actually allowed to enter by that country?

Who cares if illegal aliens can't enter freely?

Trade freedom is an entirely different issue.

I think MEXICO be one of them countries. If not, Nareed will let me know.
February 23rd, 2017 at 2:20:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: RonC
Don't most countries have "closed borders"? .

Hell yes they do.

"A third of the world's countries have completed or are building barriers."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html

Try getting into Japan as an illegal,
you'll go to prison. They don't even
have regular immigration.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.