The View from the Kremlin

December 18th, 2016 at 3:38:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I have long felt that a nation's foreign policy is an especially selfish thing. Any nation, of course, so that explains sometimes how someone who has been sheltered all their life on the matter regarding the US, for some reason becomes aware of the world's general opinion of the country's foreign policy and activities, will suddenly become anti-US. The shock can be great.

Would you say that the following article is biased? I think so, but it is good to actually see things from a foreign perspective once in a while, to a degree otherwise you just remain naive.

Quote: tidbits from the link
There was the 2003 Rose Revolution in Georgia, the 2004 Orange Revolution in the Ukraine, and the Tulip Revolution in Kyrgyzstan in 2005 - all promoted by the United States and West Europe... a pattern of U.S.-engineered regime change around the world...By the time Russia's ally in Kyrgyzstan... was deposed in March 2005, the United States ... had spread across Russia's underbelly with military bases and agreements in Central Asia...The U.S. administration cut off talks with the Russians on missile defense...eventually stopped pursuing arms control... cancelled a two-day summit planned in Moscow in September 2013, met with human rights activists on the sidelines of Putin's G20 summit in St. Petersburg in 2013 (the only head of state to do so), and then sent a White House delegation to the Sochi Olympics in February 2014 with a strong message of support for LGBT rights in response to Russia's "anti-gay propaganda" law.... [this] a prelude to the Ukrainian crisis in 2014 that began with another U.S.-backed ouster of the president, which Putin called a "coup."...Russia was booted out of the G8, stung with economic sanctions, and NATO expanded its military presence in the East, including a special"high-readiness force" that can be deployed within 48 hours to Russia's border states

Like I say, really biased IMO, with any criticism of Putin/Russia missing, but none of this seems like misinformation either.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/russia-had-every-reason-hack-us-presidential-election
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 18th, 2016 at 6:36:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Public relations guff is public relations guff no matter where it originates. Corporate PR, Political PR... its all the same garbage with all the same validity to it.

Speech writers and editorial writers are on everyone's payroll and serve if not to promote a political correctness at least an approximation of a vaguely defined politically acceptable framework.