The Librarians, season 3.

January 9th, 2017 at 7:55:28 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Season 3 debuted here last Sunday. It looks ok, but I'm afraid it will start to become repetitive, or to feel that way, and I'll lose interest soon.. We'll see.

One thing I liked is they defeated season 1's central, powerful villain at the end of the season. Then introduced another one for season 2, whom they defeated at the end of the season. That's better than to have the same villain over and over, and also than to never have any villain more than once. Though my inner cynic would say "nice of the bad guys to wait their turns, eh?"

Well, for season 3 the new villain is an "Egyptian god of chaos," and a federal government agency called something like "Department of Statistical Anomalies."

In my extensive reading of Egypt, I didn't come across a god of chaos. You'd think there'd be one, seeing as Egyptian theology is much concerned with Ma'at, or a balanced order of the world. But it was usually the sitting pharaoh's responsibility to look after the keeping of Ma'at, in order to gain the favor of the gods.

Still having the team defeat the evil god of chaos by singing harmonically was pretty funny.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER