Eagle River, WI

Page 3 of 3<123
October 31st, 2013 at 12:45:29 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Just had to update because I am pleased as punch...

After much hemming and hawwing by The Sheriff, who one day would declare the WarWagon would never die only to say the next day he's gonna pull the tranny for his 'Cuda and scrap the rest, Herr Krauza, Mayhem Coordinator extraordinaire, coordinated a WarWagon Restoration Party prior to Sunday's hockey game.

Several of the Beav came together over cases of beer, did some hunching, and set to work.

The entire front of the cab was cut and peeled back like a can of sardines. In no time, the rotten plywood and insulation was gutted leaving a clean, gaping hole.

Using just 2 sheets of plywood and approximately 30' of 2"x4", the entire front end was recreated in just hours. Not only recreated, not only recreated cleaner and stronger, not only recreated cleaner and stronger and larger, but it has been completely sealed to submarine standards and is several hundred percent more insulated than it has been since probably 1984!

Other than the shininess of the silicone around the windows, you can't even tell how incredibly horrible the damage had been. It's now a perfect scar reminding us all of that fuzzy trip way up north, and proof that this Brotherhood runs deeper than 90 minutes on the ice.

Long Live the WARWAGON!!!
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 31st, 2013 at 6:06:29 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Face
Long Live the WARWAGON

Hoorah!

The parallel for me is our hunter's cabin ... I know you must know about those. Well, hell, same idea!

Man, how you cram it all in, wow! I barely have time to read this stuff, much less try to do it!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 31st, 2013 at 6:23:13 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: odiousgambit
Hoorah!

The parallel for me is our hunter's cabin ... I know you must know about those. Well, hell, same idea!

Absolutely. Always something to do to it, always a way to make it better ;)

Quote: odiousgambit
Man, how you cram it all in, wow! I barely have time to read this stuff, much less try to do it!

Ah, the joys of not having TV =D Allows me to do stuff I actually like

Plus, I took a day off from working on the car. A much needed day off =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 3 of 3<123