Get your bets down!

Thread Rating:

February 17th, 2017 at 11:35:55 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Ladbroke's had the odds of Trump being impeached before he completes his first term at 3/1 on inauguration day. As of today, the odds are down to 4/5.

Now, this is where our Trumpers chime in and say, "Yeah, yeah, the bookies had the election wrong, so what." What our Trumpers may not have the mental acumen to understand is that if you say that one thing is more likely than another (as in, a Clinton victory was more likely than a Trump victory), and the less likely thing happens, that doesn't mean you were wrong. You never said the less likely outcome couldn't happen.

I'm wondering what odds our Trumpers would be willing to lay on this proposition. As they have radiant, shining-eyes faith in the Orange One, surely they'd be willing to offer us liburruls 1000-1 or better?

The hilarious part will be when the Republican House and Senate lackeys start denouncing Trump. Stand back and watch the fur fly as the Orange Asshole blames the entire world for his troubles and for being unfair to him. WAAAAAAH!

You can reserve impeachment proceedings seats online. I advise that you scoop 'em up--there's very little good comedy theater in D.C., so watching Republicans leap on and devour Trump should be quite the hot ticket.
February 18th, 2017 at 12:01:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
Ladbroke's had the odds of Trump being impeached before he completes his first term.

A 4 year long shot bet, gee, I wonder if
the odds will change between now and
then or the bet pulled completely. Lets
wait 4 years and see.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 18th, 2017 at 8:21:20 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: Evenbob
A 4 year long shot bet, gee, I wonder if
the odds will change between now and
then or the bet pulled completely. Lets
wait 4 years and see.

Well, you should be liquidating everything you own to bet against the proposition, given that you are a true believer in the Orange One.

What's more, you have nothing to lose. Since you would have nothing to live for and thus, would have no choice but to commit seppuku if Trump was in fact impeached and removed from office, you should at least profit from him not being impeached.

But just so you understand, Bob...4 to 5 is not a "long shot."
February 18th, 2017 at 7:35:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal

But just so you understand, Bob...4 to 5 is not a "long shot."

I meant the time involved is a long shot,
not the odds.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.