Too much spam

May 5th, 2017 at 10:17:10 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 44
Posts: 3898
Popped in here and I see we got spammed :-(
We are a small but active site, surprised we got spammed
Surprised WOV didn't get hit. Or maybe it did and got removed more quickly. BBB seems to be on top of things over there
I don't think the admins pop in here as often.
Maybe the Wiz or Face can set up trusted members the ability to remove spam :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2017 at 10:21:48 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12534
Quote: terapined
Popped in here and I see we got spammed :-(
We are a small but active site, surprised we got spammed


It means we're not so small as to be beneath the notice of a cheap bot :)

Quote:
Maybe the Wiz or Face can set up trusted members the ability to remove spam :-)


I'd abuse that ability so much!
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
May 5th, 2017 at 11:02:04 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 85
Posts: 1525
Does the "flag post" button work as before, where a certain number of flags gets a post automatically removed? I've been flagging them in hopes that it does.

I thought there was a limit to the number of posts a "new" account could create to throttle this kind of thing?
May 5th, 2017 at 11:21:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 129
Posts: 6217
Quote: Ayecarumba
Does the "flag post" button work as before, where a certain number of flags gets a post automatically removed? I've been flagging them in hopes that it does.

I thought there was a limit to the number of posts a "new" account could create to throttle this kind of thing?


I think the programming has diverged somewhat from the other site. I flagged about 5 of them, but they didn't disappear.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
May 5th, 2017 at 11:24:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 129
Posts: 6217
"Terror" spammer kadmiel made 54 new threads before it was stopped. Signed up today.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
May 5th, 2017 at 12:01:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 116
Posts: 14250
Why hasn't a mod gotten rid of this?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2017 at 12:42:37 PM permalink
pew
Member since: Jan 8, 2013
Threads: 3
Posts: 884
Quote: Evenbob
Why hasn't a mod gotten rid of this?
Because it's more entertaining than your debates with frg.
May 5th, 2017 at 3:04:51 PM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 2
Posts: 369
kadmiel Is already banned. That's a shame. I thought he brought an important point of view to the debate.
May 5th, 2017 at 3:21:41 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 345
Posts: 12534
Quote: JimRockford
kadmiel Is already banned. That's a shame. I thought he brought an important point of view to the debate.


Any idea where one might buy a license?
Donald Trump is a fucking liar
May 5th, 2017 at 9:25:43 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 813
Posts: 9789
Quote: JimRockford
kadmiel Is already banned. That's a shame. I thought he brought an important point of view to the debate.


How about Keliporty?

kadmiel May 5, 2017 54 55 0 Block
Keliporty May 5, 2015 15 15 0 Block