Daytona carnage

February 23rd, 2013 at 10:02:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 132
Posts: 6714
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQryIFNuMk&feature=player_embedded

You can't get much better perspective than this. And this is too close. Just sheer luck, not getting hit with debris.

(NASCAR might remove this video--)
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
February 24th, 2013 at 4:29:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 112
Posts: 8850
Quote: rxwine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQryIFNuMk&feature=player_embedded

You can't get much better perspective than this. And this is too close. Just sheer luck, not getting hit with debris.

(NASCAR might remove this video--)


Saw this last night, interesting to see the new angle.

My question is how many people now will be calling to ban auto racing, or somehow regulate where people can sit? We all know those calls will come.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
February 24th, 2013 at 10:40:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 132
Posts: 6714
Quote: AZDuffman
My question is how many people now will be calling to ban auto racing, or somehow regulate where people can sit? We all know those calls will come.


It has to fly out of the track and into passing non-NASCAR fans.

Although, I'm sure they'll be an article about the barriers somewhere.
Nobody learned anything from the global financial crisis.
February 24th, 2013 at 6:06:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 112
Posts: 8850
Quote: rxwine
It has to fly out of the track and into passing non-NASCAR fans.

Although, I'm sure they'll be an article about the barriers somewhere.


Auto racing has seen many safety improvements over the years. Crumple-zones on your car? Thank racing. But the issue is that Americans have become a society so risk-adverse that people seem to expect there never be an accidental death, anywhere for any reason. Someone will say, "the government needs to do something." Happens every time.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it
February 24th, 2013 at 11:12:37 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 23
Posts: 1929
Quote: rxwine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQryIFNuMk&feature=player_embedded

You can't get much better perspective than this. And this is too close. Just sheer luck, not getting hit with debris.

(NASCAR might remove this video--)


There's a car tire in the middle of that scene, looks like someone got hit...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 25th, 2013 at 8:36:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 112
Posts: 8850
Quote: rxwine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQryIFNuMk&feature=player_embedded

You can't get much better perspective than this. And this is too close. Just sheer luck, not getting hit with debris.

(NASCAR might remove this video--)


NASCAR did remove it. YouTube told them to drop dead and put it back up, now it is in too many places to stop.
The man who damns money has obtained it dishonorably; the man who respects it has earned it