I Love Youtube

March 28th, 2023 at 4:17:25 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: Gandler
I don't even understand this argument that this case study is trying to make. The right usually says forced childhood transition by parents is wrong (which I largely agree with actually). But, this dude was retied when he transitioned. Who are we supposed to blame, the SSA for pushing a narrative? He certainly did not grow up in a time when such things were talked about..... He had a feeling, he went with it, and reversed course, this is a big case of who cares...... It's his life.....

Based upon my understanding, he is warning people of his mistake.

His age adds more experience, wisdom, and credibility I think, more than his age hurts him.

He blames his doctor, which was associated with a well known organization and was himself a known activist.
March 28th, 2023 at 5:22:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Come on man you can make multiple quotes in one post if you really need to break down my post, we don't need four separate posts.

Quote: DoubleGold
Never ban adults, unless they put others at risk or illegal, etc., because folks have the right to be wrong.

We agree (on policy if not sentiment.)

His grandmother put a purple dress on him when he was 4 years old, while giving him affirmations.

The affirmations made him feel good.

So he naturally associated the dress with feeling good.

He had to hide wearing a dress (feeling good) because his parents found out about it.

According to him, three events that occurred in his life before he was 10 years old was the cause of him being transgender.

One was the purple dress and another was sexual abuse by his adopted uncle because the uncle heard of him wearing the purple dress.

That is playing armchair psychologist, I have a hard time remembering obscure details of High School (and I am relatively young). If his being dressed as a four-year-old influenced him in his retirement years, well, I don't know. I don't know if I remember anything from four years old, certainly nothing that influenced me to this day. Really most of my memories from pre-ten are hazy (and mostly involve major life events, certainly not mundane details like what my grandma asked me to wear).

I interpreted it as him being born again, not literally being spoken to.

I just know what he said in the interview you posted. It sounds like he heard voices.

Based upon my understanding, he is warning people of his mistake.

His age adds more experience, wisdom, and credibility I think, more than his age hurts him.

He blames his doctor, which was associated with an well known organization and a known activist.

I totally disagree with this point. Let's round in the middle and say he was in his 50s when he made this choice. If you are in your 50s, and making life-changing choices that you regret, that is on you. He was in his 50s, he chose that doctor, this is not some school doctor or somebody his parents made him go to. He actively sought out that doctor.

Did he get surgery? (I honestly don't know). If the dr. did not advise surgery then it was not a permanent change. If the dr. only advised becoming part of a different gender in personal identify to see how he felt for a few years, I honestly do not see the problem. Again, if this dr. is an infamous as you claim for what he teaches, then the dude knew what he was getting when he went to him......
April 4th, 2023 at 9:03:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Supersonic sea skimming intercept.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 12th, 2023 at 5:35:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
This guy does some of the best WWII Naval battle analysis on youtube
I love his channel
https://www.youtube.com/@MontemayorChannel/videos
After not posting anything for a year, he's back
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 13th, 2023 at 10:40:01 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
17 years ago.

Not the same person.

The one we're seeing now could be a clone (for lack of a better explanation).

---------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzIP_1gf7yw

---------------------------
April 15th, 2023 at 12:37:48 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
For those who don’t know Catturd, he’s a right wing sh**poster on Twitter.

Here’s his pic.

Anyone who uses him as a source obviously has no credibility.

DoubleGold’s hero, Catturd, is still very unhappy when people share his pic.

He even directly complained to Elon Musk about it and Elmo did nothing!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 24th, 2023 at 7:43:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Advice

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 15th, 2023 at 1:46:04 PM permalink
rxwine
My problem is not remembering what you do for which animal and getting it wrong.

May 22nd, 2023 at 3:48:38 PM permalink
james1
Threads: 0
YouTube Shorts is a feature within the YouTube platform that allows users to create and watch short-form vertical videos. It is similar to other popular short video platforms, like TikTok. YouTube Shorts videos are limited to a maximum length of 60 seconds and can include features like music, text, and filters. The Shorts experience includes a dedicated vertical video player and a personalized Shorts feed, making it easy for users to discover and engage with short video content on YouTube.
May 28th, 2023 at 5:33:17 AM permalink
rxwine
Here's a wildlife experience you would remember for awhile.