MediaMonkey will not play my music

Thread Rating:

May 16th, 2018 at 1:24:14 AM permalink
MichaelSmith
Threads: 5
Hi,

I installed MediaMonkey on my new Compaq computer six months ago. I am running Windows 7. MM has always performed well and not given me any problems until today (I have over 7,000 songs in my library). When I click on the big red "play/pause" button, nothing happens. The music will not play. The button just toggles back and forth between "play" and "pause". I have uninstalled MM (version 3.2.1), then downloaded and installed the newer version (3.2.4), but this did not correct the problem. I get the same result when I use the "Play" pulldown menu button at the top of the screen. A few days ago, I installed "Uniblue Registry Booster" on the computer, and I have used it several times to clean up the Registry. (I wonder if this is what messed it up.) I have considered reformatting the hard drive, then installing the Recovery Discs for the computer, and then reinstalling MediaMonkey. I don't want to do this unless it will fix the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? My principal use for this computer is for playing my music collection, and now I am dead in the water?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55701
Product demo video production company

Thanks!
May 16th, 2018 at 5:44:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sorry to hear this
I don't have a solution
I also have a massive music collection.
Its not attached to my computer. I've spent too much time amassing my collection.
Its on over 100 HD Mini discs so its a portable collection. I have many back up machines
99.9% of my collection is live concerts
I have set up my collection so its on a 2 1/2 year loop
Takes me 2 1/2 years to go through this collection I set aside of all my favorite live concerts
What I listen to today, I will listen to again 2 1/2 years down the line
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"