Tasteless in Britain

September 4th, 2018 at 11:41:54 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Beckham's water guns

Brits are upset that the Beckham children posed with water guns for their Vogue story. Seriously!
September 5th, 2018 at 4:06:15 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
>>>>>Brits are upset that the Beckham children posed with water guns for their Vogue story. Seriously!

Background:

Vogue magazine has a UK edition. It is some sort of fashion magazine apparently and fashion is a field that apparently focuses more on designers than on their clothing creations.

Spice Girls was a rock and roll group some decades back that featured several female singers. One of them was known in the press as Posh Spice, Victoria Adams. She was noted in the press as having dated and then married an English Football (Soccer) player then employed by the Manchester United team which is how she acquired the surname Beckham. The football player had a lengthy career playing soccer for several different teams in different countries.

It appears that as Posh Spice millions had been earned and that later a set of fashion lines had been established by Victoria Beckham. It appears the fashion career was also profitable. As with many sports figures, product endorsements play a major role and although it seems unclear as to his exact role the now retired sports figure appears to be featured in commentaries about fashions and perfumes and has been dubbed a 'metrosexual' a term of unclear meaning that seems to include a heterosexual male who is involved in the world of fashion, a field usually relegated to homosexual males.

For some reason the couple continue to be involved in the press and it is unclear just why this takes place. Perhaps members of the public clamor for such information or perhaps persons featured in the press pay agents to orchestrate such attention.

I see no relevant issue about water guns. They appear to be toys that are somewhat passe but were featured as props in the undoubtedly staged cover photo.

Why there is any interest in either of these two individuals is beyond me, why there is interest in water guns is rather equally beyond me. I do not know if this is an issue created by publicity agents or if there is any actual public concern about water guns. Perhaps it is simply a creation of the flacks who are paid to keep their clients in the newspapers no matter what the topic is.
September 5th, 2018 at 4:48:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

For some reason the couple continue to be involved in the press and it is unclear just why this takes place. Perhaps members of the public clamor for such information or perhaps persons featured in the press pay agents to orchestrate such attention.

It is attention-whoring. Some people do not like the spotlight and when the retire from sports or their TV show ends they fade away. Others crave the spotlight like a drug. They eventually become PFFBF (People Famous for Being Famous.) The media accommodates them because they sell whatever the media is selling. Empty-livers lap it up because they live vicarious lives thru them. And the PFFBF love it because it gets them their fix of their Blue-Sky for a day.

Quote:
Why there is any interest in either of these two individuals is beyond me, why there is interest in water guns is rather equally beyond me. I do not know if this is an issue created by publicity agents or if there is any actual public concern about water guns. Perhaps it is simply a creation of the flacks who are paid to keep their clients in the newspapers no matter what the topic is.

As to the individuals see the above. As to the water guns, there are anti-gunner snowflakes who think that if you play with water guns the next thing is to shoot up a shopping mall, so people should not play with water guns.
The President is a fink.