Long Shot

May 2nd, 2019 at 4:09:35 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Charlize Theron has starred in 37 dramatic and action roles and one comedy on 5/30/14, co starring Seth McFarlane, "A Million Ways to Die in the West".

Tomorrow her second comedy, co-starring Seth Rogen, "Long Shot" opens in theaters.

It actually looks very funny. Reviews are excellent.

Charlize was born 7 August 1975, Seth was born 15 April 1982
May 2nd, 2019 at 4:45:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I just remembered, the new season
of Lucifer is next week. I never
finished season 2, it got way
too silly. Maybe it will be darker
on Nflix.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 2nd, 2019 at 5:14:20 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Evenbob
I just remembered, the new season
of Lucifer is next week. I never
finished season 2, it got way
too silly. Maybe it will be darker
on Nflix.

8 May date. They have the first three seasons on Netflix if you want to catch up.
Only the first season (13 episodes) is really important, so if you haven't seen any episodes watch those to get the main gist.
Also episode #38 season 3, episode #7 "Off the Record" was one of the best of the last season (kind of a Twilight Zone-Alfred Hitchcock episode)

Guaranteed to be much darker on NFLIX.

Tom Ellis and Lauren German will reprise their roles as Lucifer Morningstar and Detective Chloe Decker. Kevin Alejandro will also be back as Detective Dan Espinoza, as will Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen, Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez and Rachael Harris as Dr Linda Martin, among others. Prison Break star Inbar Levi is joining the cast as Eve (as in Adam and). She is fed up with Adam and is pining for Lucifer, her rebellious first love. She will be joined by Graham McTavish (Outlander, Preacher) as Father Kinley, a “kind, deeply empathetic and revered priest.” Newcomer Vinessa Vidotto also joins the line-up as angel Remiel, who is described as the “classic little-sister” to DB Woodside’s mighty Amenadiel.
May 2nd, 2019 at 11:17:36 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
I saw this film at a preview last week. I thought it was pretty bad, but I’m not a fan of Seth Rogen’s films. He basically plays himself poorly, making it uncomfortable to watch. Charlize Theron is too voluptuous for the part of Secretary of State with Presidential aspirations.
I think Theron was in the recent comedy “Gringo” too.
May 2nd, 2019 at 11:33:58 PM permalink
Pacomartin
You are correct.

Gringo rounds up a bafflingly overqualified cast for a misfire of a comedy that's fatally undermined by its messy plot, poorly conceived characters, and obvious debts to better films.