The Atheist Thread (Long Time Coming)

Page 17 of 17« First<14151617
February 19th, 2023 at 1:46:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: DoubleGold
http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3077/14/#post198065

Many choose not to look deep inside.

More specifically, look into our soul (mind, will, emotion) and human spirit (conscience, fellowship, wisdom).

For example, a conscience is a spiritual device, located in our temporarily assigned human spirit.

Most of us know it exists, but no scientist can locate it in the physical realm, because it resides in the spiritual realm.

It's general function is to let us know what is right or wrong.

But that's not all it does.

It stores everything we ever did wrong outside of our soul, until removed.

The human spirit is attached (bound) to our newly created soul at conception at what is called the "heart" (spiritual heart).

When we make a decision in life, we check our mind, will, and conscience.

So a decision passes through the spiritual heart.

There are many other traits about our conscience.

Another is, it can get numb (less sensitive), if we don't keep it relatively clear of obstructions.

That means making amends, etc. when we were wrong.

So when we make a decision, it can affect the outcome of a decision.

I only asked for evidence of the kind the Bible states actually happened and not even the big claims like creating a whole world or Universe. I'm not asking for anything that's not claimed in the "good book."

I didn't ask for new skills to be shown, just asked for what was claimed, like parting a sea so people could cross. Those claims in the Bible if demonstrated would eventually convince 99.99 percent of atheists. Maybe not the first time, but after some more of them most would believe. I don't think a talking burning bush would be enough for most, but it wouldn't take all that long with more consequential demonstrations.

What we call when the claim is made and BS is spewed instead and excuses made, it is, well, BS.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 19th, 2023 at 2:05:20 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
A miracle (a supernatural event) is an event that has crossed realms (spiritual realm to physical realm).

Forcing a miracle is not usually possible, although some of us can heal others, for example.

I believe faith is required in the spiritual realm before we can see proof in the physical realm.

For a common person (myself for example), I found faith in God by looking inside using my conscience as a spiritual road map.

The physical proof manifested in my life over many years based upon faith in spiritual concepts.

I didn't come to believing in God by looking outside in the physical realm.

The Holy Bible is designed for spiritual concepts, from which the above information in the previous post was derived.

If a person reads the Holy Bible in a physical realm context, many concepts can be completely missed.
February 19th, 2023 at 2:21:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Adding more baloney doesn't improve the smell. Fact is, supernatural events occurred in front of non-believers as well. The separated waters fell on those trying to cross later, so they saw what had happened. People fell at Jesus feet praising him after seeing some events declaring him lord. People inside Jerico saw their walls collapse from a horn blast. God had already claimed credit in advance.

These are the claims already made in the Bible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 19th, 2023 at 2:38:00 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Considering we can only physically live 100 or so years, there had to be a way in our design for those of us that have not experienced a miracle.

The mechanism begins with our will, in that we have to choose to.

We (humans) are all designed spiritually equal.

No one can justify blaming anyone else for a person not choosing.

Having a will guarantees we are responsible and accountable for our choices.
Page 17 of 17« First<14151617