Discussion about the Suspension List

Page 3 of 29<123456>Last »
October 26th, 2012 at 6:13:45 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: NicksGamingStuf
I will confess to everyone that I signed up initially as JerryLogan as a joke, I was going to post very nice things about everyone... Oh well it got suspended before I would. :)

I'm going to have to ban you pursuant to the multiple accounts rule, now.

j/k
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
September 1st, 2013 at 3:20:51 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Tupp gets three days for personal insult.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 1st, 2013 at 4:19:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
How much would he have gotten if he was a bigot?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 2nd, 2013 at 10:36:22 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
Tupp gets three days for personal insult.

Just two suspensions in 10+ months. Does that mean nothing much ever happens here?

Just asking :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 2nd, 2013 at 6:29:32 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
Quote: Nareed
Just two suspensions in 10+ months. Does that mean nothing much ever happens here?
Maybe it means people are more civilized here.

On second thought, make that most people are more civilized here. I forgot who isn't listening when I'm talking....
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
September 2nd, 2013 at 7:13:32 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: DJTeddyBear
Maybe it means people are more civilized here.

I think this one explains civility on the Internets althought he's talking about cars in this instance:
February 17th, 2014 at 1:39:56 PM permalink
HotBlonde
Threads: 2
There seems to be a need to clarify what is considered suspension worthy.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

If you call someone a "dumb blonde" you will probably get a 3 day suspension.
If you tell someone he is "not a nice guy" you will probably get a 7 day suspension.
You can slander someone saying they have "an evident psychological disorder" and that's actually ok, you won't get in trouble for that.

Someone can work very hard for almost a year on their physique and post a picture of themselves and when he misses another forum member's picture post of himself (who makes income modeling with his body) and humbly compliments that person by telling him that it's too bad he missed his pic and that his own pic probably wasn't as muscular and attractive as the model's pic, it's ok to reply to that with "Yeah...... probably not", cause even though this is a direct insult you can get away with it, it's allowed.

There are obviously way more examples we can add to the list, and please do. But it is apparent that there needs to be some real clarification as to what these boundaries (and lack thereof) are in these forums cause the rules seem to be all over the place.
February 17th, 2014 at 2:15:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Careful Hotblonde. If I was moderator I would give you a warning because even long time members don't refresh all the time on the rules.

Quote:
Wizard of Vegas: This is a sister site to Wizard of Vegas. A ban on either site will apply to both sites, and it makes no difference if you use different names. If you’re banned on one site, and complain about it on the other during the ban, we will take strong action.

I pm'd the Wizard from this site when I was banned, but didn't post.

IN answer to your question, one has to have the whole context. Because I can throw out a terrible comment but not really link it with a person. KInd of an idle thought, and it may not be clearly directed so may escape the insult category.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 17th, 2014 at 2:21:45 PM permalink
HotBlonde
Threads: 2
Quote: rxwine
Quote:
Wizard of Vegas: This is a sister site to Wizard of Vegas. A ban on either site will apply to both sites, and it makes no difference if you use different names. If you’re banned on one site, and complain about it on the other during the ban, we will take strong action.
I didn't know if I was banned on one site I couldn't post on the other. So if I broke a rule than I did so ignorantly. If they don't want me to post here then I won't. But I will also say that my above comments were not technically a complaint, as you can see I was just pointing out the need for rules clarification.
February 17th, 2014 at 2:26:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: HotBlonde
I didn't know if I was banned on one site I couldn't post on the other. So if I broke a rule than I did so ignorantly. If they don't want me to post here then I won't. But I will also say that my above comments were not technically a complaint, as you can see I was just pointing out the need for rules clarification.

That's what I figured. I pm'd the Wizard from this site while banned, so I think that is okay, as I didn't get in trouble for it.

You can't pm the Wizard while banned on the other site, in case anyone doesn't know.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 29<123456>Last »