Lupus

February 6th, 2020 at 9:49:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Does anyone here have a good friend or family member that has or had Lupus? I have read quite a bit about it on the internet but now a person close to me has been diagnosed with it and the symptopms seem to be coming on quickly.

Did your friend or family member have severe symptoms? My friend struggles just to have the energy to get out of bed and regularly has hives on 40% of their body. Swelling so bad that the skin splits open is also a regular occurence.

Just trying to gather as much information and experiences as possible.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 6th, 2020 at 12:48:35 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
any exposure to uranium processing or tailings? Any exposure to boron deficient drinking water?

test for blood clotting proteins in urine, will avoid need for renal biopsy.

Bellimubab, a monoclonal antibody therapy drug had good phase 3 study results

brain chemicals unique to lupus patients have shown promise in assessing and treating neuropsychiatic manifestations of the underlying infection.
February 7th, 2020 at 12:17:32 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
Does anyone here have a good friend or family member that has or had Lupus? I have read quite a bit about it on the internet but now a person close to me has been diagnosed with it and the symptopms seem to be coming on quickly.

Did your friend or family member have severe symptoms? My friend struggles just to have the energy to get out of bed and regularly has hives on 40% of their body. Swelling so bad that the skin splits open is also a regular occurence.

Just trying to gather as much information and experiences as possible.

My experience with Lupus is that it sometimes imperceptible and sometimes devastating. it sounds like your friend has a bad case.