Stimulus

April 18th, 2020 at 11:23:19 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
They do not have the best credit card rep either.

I've had CC's with them for 10
years and never had a single
problem. They get a gold star
in my book. Anytime I've had
to call them they bent over
backwards to help me. Fantastic
customer service. Every time
I've asked for a credit increase,
I always got it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2020 at 11:31:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I've had CC's with them for 10
years and never had a single
problem. They get a gold star
in my book. Anytime I've had
to call them they bent over
backwards to help me. Fantastic
customer service. Every time
I've asked for a credit increase,
I always got it.

They market to people with less than great credit. Typically they offer them multiple cards instead of giving increases to get them into a cycle of payments.

All I will say is after trying to get payoffs for their own refinances and how bad they were to deal with I will never be a customer.
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2020 at 12:35:51 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It looks like when congress reconvenes there will be a new phase of stimulus in the works.

Possibly monthly stimulus check for several months or the rest of the year. (possibly 2k).

Possibly increased pay (up to 25k a year) to essential workers including healthcare workers and grocery workers. And, a possibly a 15k bonus for people willing to go into an essential position such healthcare worker or grocery story worker. If these pass, it could make working at a grocery store one of the most profitable entry level jobs of 2020.
April 18th, 2020 at 12:38:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
Possibly monthly stimulus check for several months or the rest of the year. (possibly 2k).

Possibly increased pay (up to 25k a year) to essential workers including healthcare workers and grocery workers. And, a possibly a 15k bonus for people willing to go into an essential position such healthcare worker or grocery story worker. If these pass, it could make working at a grocery store one of the most profitable entry level jobs of 2020.

The GOP will NEVER allow either of these to happen.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 18th, 2020 at 1:02:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
The GOP will NEVER allow either of these to happen.

Thank God. We are already spending more money than we have or will ever reasonably be able to collect from the tax paying public. Once again, it shows the difference between fiscally reasonable Republicans (few remain) and give it all away for free Democrats.
April 18th, 2020 at 1:35:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
They market to people with less than great credit.

So do lots of CC's. CO markets to
everybody. What's in your wallet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 18th, 2020 at 1:36:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
So do lots of CC's. CO markets to
everybody. What's in your wallet.

Not Capitol One.
The President is a fink.
April 18th, 2020 at 1:40:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Not Capitol One.

I have 5 Cap One cards. My wife
has Chase and twice they have
reduced her available credit for
no reason. She has hardly any
balance and a 790 credit rating.
CapOne has never reduced my
credit, ever.
April 18th, 2020 at 1:49:23 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
Thank God. We are already spending more money than we have or will ever reasonably be able to collect from the tax paying public. Once again, it shows the difference between fiscally reasonable Republicans (few remain) and give it all away for free Democrats.
+1,000

And now a SOOPOO SLAM lol!! This is the stuff libbies hate and I live for!! 🤣🤣🤣
April 18th, 2020 at 3:05:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
+1,000

And now a SOOPOO SLAM lol!! This is the stuff libbies hate and I live for!! 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you Shrek. I think the long term consequences of our government, both our Repub and Dem representatives, now seeing that they can just have the Fed make up more money at a whim, will be worse than all other effects from this virus. Lets say conservatively we will be 25 trillion in debt next year. We are buffered now by historically low interest rates. If even at 2%, that's a half TRILLION dollars in interest alone! Just the interest alone is around $4k per year per job holding taxpayer. If also paying a meager 1/50 of the principal (that's LESS than you pay on your usual 30 year mortgage), that becomes around a total of $8k per taxpayer. That doesn't include any of the things we generally think of our taxes to be used for, like the military, infrastructure, healthcare for the poor and aged, FDA, EPA, UN, WHO (oops... maybe not!), etc....

I can only say this so many times ..... what bunch of idiots decided to give my 30 year old son, working from home at full pay, with his expenses drastically reduced, an EXTRA $1,200 because, well, he exists?