Stimulus

August 18th, 2020 at 4:39:02 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Just planning a week or 2 ahead
Just winging it
No idea where I will be in NOV. Maybe Vegas :-)

If you get to Vegas I would like to meet you and buy you a drink. I promise not to discuss Maryland football. Go Buckeyes and Hawkeyes.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 18th, 2020 at 4:43:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
If you get to Vegas I would like to meet you and buy you a drink. I promise not to discuss Maryland football. Go Buckeyes and Hawkeyes.

Will there even be any football to discuss?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 18th, 2020 at 5:33:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Sure.
Circus Circus has a lot for RVs with hookups.
Maybe golf, maybe include the Wiz if he's in town.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 18th, 2020 at 5:59:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Consider this when you're planning. I went into San Diego once without scouting the area. I was already tired so picked a hotel, that wasn't really upscale.
The price was ridiculous, but I was too tired to look around and it was already late.

In the morning, I figured out why. I had picked a hotel right next to Sea World.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 18th, 2020 at 8:08:03 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Sure.
Circus Circus has a lot for RVs with hookups.
Maybe golf, maybe include the Wiz if he's in town.

I believe Sam's Town also has an RV park if you want to avoid the traffic and cost on the strip. I will play golf as long as you don't laugh at me. I am terrible for someone that golfs almost every week.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 18th, 2020 at 8:55:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If you get to Vegas I would like to meet you .

The conversations that will ensue.

"I love BLM and every movie
I've ever seen."

"Not me, I never watch movies,
I eat gas station take out hot
dogs and watch TV all day."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 19th, 2020 at 3:22:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I believe Sam's Town also has an RV park if you want to avoid the traffic and cost on the strip. I will play golf as long as you don't laugh at me. I am terrible for someone that golfs almost every week.

I suck at golf also
I'm just out there for the exercise.
I like the strip because I can eat for free with my MGM and CET credit cards rewards
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 19th, 2020 at 4:13:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I suck at golf also
I'm just out there for the exercise.
I like the strip because I can eat for free with my MGM and CET credit cards rewards

I don’t know if it’s still running or not, particularly now, but there was a free shuttle bus that you could take from Sam’s Town to at least Downtown (Fremont) and maybe The Strip. If not The Strip, then the DT one would go to The Strip. I believe The Strip stop is/was Harrah’s and the shuttle also went to The Orleans.

You might want to look into it as my memory may be imperfect on this one. I think I only actually took it from DT to Sam’s Town and back.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 20th, 2020 at 5:41:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Just wait for jobless numbers that reflect first two weeks in August. My bet is numbers come down. Now that the millions, and yes, there are millions, of Americans who were getting paid more to sit home and not work will be losing that opportunity, magically they will be able to find some of the millions of jobs that are out there. I drive down a big road nearby called Transit Road, and if I drive 5 miles I think I might see 50 'help wanted' signs on the different stores.

You bet wrong.

Unemployment claims are rising.

Quote:
1.1 million Americans filed *new* unemployment claims last week, an increase of 135,000 from the week before.

Turns out cutting unemployment benefits didn’t encourage people to take jobs that DON’T EXIST.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 21st, 2020 at 11:19:02 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
You bet wrong.

Unemployment claims are rising.

Turns out cutting unemployment benefits didn’t encourage people to take jobs that DON’T EXIST.

Ummmm..... the number that matters is not unemployment new claims, but unemployment new claims minus number of people who are no longer unemployed. Even you must understand that! So.... it is possible that there are more unemployed today than 2 weeks ago, but it is also possible that there are fewer unemployed.

The jobs exist. At least in my town. I wouldn't be surprised if most unemployed liberals are just hoping for a retroactive return to the silly bonus unemployment benefits. Also don't forget that the State UI is still flowing. Plus there was billions of dollars in BLM looting.... that is a cushion as well for those 'unemployed'.