ams288
Threads: 29
The GOP is handling this well:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 5th, 2022 at 6:38:59 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: SOOPOO
What are you talking about? This has NOTHING TO DO WITH whether she gets confirmed or not! There is a LESS THAN ZERO chance any Democrat will not vote to confirm her. SHE WILL BE CONFIRMED no matter what any Republican says or does. THIS IS JUST A SHOW. Just like the Trump impeachment’s, which had ZERO chance of success, this case it’s just the Republicans who like to hear themselves speak. DO NOT WORRY. She will rightly be the next Supreme Court Justice. Geez.

She will get confirmed.

My point was he is only opposing her for political points.

Why did he support her to the Appeals Court last year if he has such concerns for her? (All of these issues that he has were well over a year ago....)

Do you really think his comment is based on anything other than political posturing?
April 5th, 2022 at 12:15:24 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Gandler
She will get confirmed.

My point was he is only opposing her for political points.

Why did he support her to the Appeals Court last year if he has such concerns for her? (All of these issues that he has were well over a year ago....)

Do you really think his comment is based on anything other than political posturing?

Almost all of the opposition to judges for the last number of years has been political.

One can differentiate between a judge who can be overruled when they go too far and a Justice, who is part of a body that cannot be overruled (though laws can be changed to nullify some of their rulings).

…but yes, mostly political. The Senate has been that way for a while. 100-0 confirmations are rare, even for the WH Dog Catcher.
April 5th, 2022 at 2:07:10 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: JCW09
There is a theory that Schumer may have already screwed up procedurally on Breyer's replacement.
He may not be able to get the Breyer replacement nominee to the floor for confirmation.
Somehow Schumer agreed to split Committee Membership with Cocaine Mitch.
Judiciary Committee is split 11 Dems & 11 Republicans
You need a majority Committee recommendation to get a nominee to the Senate Floor for a Confirmation vote.
Otherwise the Nominee ends up coming to the Floor under a "motion to discharge", not as a Nominee for Confirmation.
Motion to Discharge evidently can't be approved via Nuclear Option.
Schumer needs 60 votes to move the Motion to Discharge forward.
Not sure this is all true, but it would be hilarious if it is.
Again, you cannot overstate how bad the Dems are at this game.

lol

Just reminiscing about jcw’s last fan fiction post.

His dreams of a 7-2 court are as MIA as fleaswatter.
April 7th, 2022 at 12:13:27 PM permalink
ams288

This is as much a part of Donny’s legacy as Biden’s.

Had Donny acted like an adult between his election loss and the GA runoffs, senate Dems would have never gotten the opportunity to fill this seat.
April 7th, 2022 at 3:05:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288

This is as much a part of Donny’s legacy as Biden’s.

Had Donny acted like an adult between his election loss and the GA runoffs, senate Dems would have never gotten the opportunity to fill this seat.

This is a historic day.

I am very proud of the Senate for doing the right thing.

I think that she will do great.
April 7th, 2022 at 6:10:48 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Someone said that these SCOTUS confirmations have always been partisan. I just read that Reagan appointee Sandra Day O'Connor was confirmed 99 - 1.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
April 8th, 2022 at 7:08:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: JimRockford
Someone said that these SCOTUS confirmations have always been partisan. I just read that Reagan appointee Sandra Day O'Connor was confirmed 99 - 1.

That was back before we understood the incompetence of women.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 31st, 2022 at 1:17:54 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Quote: ams288
Attacking any conservative on the SC is like personally attacking a member of jcw’s family. It’s all he has to live for. He’s said that future conservative SCOTUS rulings are what bring him happiness.

What brings me happiness is knowing the SCOTUS will rule against you and your view of America for the next two decades.
That will be the result when the Senate flips next week and makes Biden one and done with SCOTUS nominations.
The Dobbs decision was perfection, put the governing power back in the hands of the states.
Make the federal government less relevant and only able to do the jobs they were specifically tasked to do.
Looks like the GOP is going to be no worse for wear on November 8th & the SCOTUS overturned freaking Roe!!
That has to drive the Libs absolutely crazy.
So yes, It all makes me very happy. LMAO.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
October 31st, 2022 at 2:43:48 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: JCW09
What brings me happiness is knowing the SCOTUS will rule against you and your view of America for the next two decades.

Two decades?! Sounds like a deal to me… The SCOTUS has been controlled by conservatives for my entire life. I can handle two more decades.
Page 49 of 49« First<46474849