*Golf*

September 21st, 2020 at 2:42:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
How about that US Open
Bryson DeChambeau crushed the ball
I remember the days when golfers were told not to work out, dont get stronger. It will ruin your swing
Tiger Woods changed the thinking on that as he worked out
Now we have Bryson, trying to get as strong as possible so he can drive the ball the furthest.
Watching Bryson reminded me of Luther of Umbrella Academy. Has that same build.

(nothing in the sports threads regarding golf so I started a thread. Included * because 4 character title not allowed )
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 21st, 2020 at 5:50:01 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
How about that US Open
Bryson DeChambeau crushed the ball
I remember the days when golfers were told not to work out, dont get stronger. It will ruin your swing
Tiger Woods changed the thinking on that as he worked out
Now we have Bryson, trying to get as strong as possible so he can drive the ball the furthest.
Watching Bryson reminded me of Luther of Umbrella Academy. Has that same build.

(nothing in the sports threads regarding golf so I started a thread. Included * because 4 character title not allowed )

I watched almost every minute of the televised portion for four days. I have to like the guy just because he is a nerd.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 22nd, 2020 at 5:15:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
What he can do out of the rough is the most amazing part of his, and the others pros’, games. Where I would be hacking out to just advance the ball 50 yards, they can hit it 200.
September 23rd, 2020 at 4:38:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
What he can do out of the rough is the most amazing part of his, and the others pros’, games. Where I would be hacking out to just advance the ball 50 yards, they can hit it 200.

I used to golf a lot when I was younger and worked at a large park/resort operation. Mainly because it was basically free for employees.

Anyway, I imagine they're good at it largely because they force themselves to get good at it. I don't know if you and I have the same philosophy on this, but if I found myself in that sort of situation, I'd basically just try to pitch it out to fairway and try to save bogey from there.

Of course, saving bogey rarely happened because I was probably going to three or four putt anyway. I'm awful at putting. I was actually better off in the rough really close to the green, I'd chip or loft it within ten feet, or so. Had I been on the edge of the green, that's almost always going to be a four-putt.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman