Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

January 12th, 2021 at 11:27:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I’m with SOOPOO on this one. They will obviously be more prepared for any potential security issues. Even the Trump mobs understand this and know they won’t be as lucky a second time around. The snipers will shoot to kill.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 12th, 2021 at 1:46:30 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO

Not sure if I qualify as right wing.... I really think I’m ‘no wing’, but I’d go for the death penalty after conviction for whoever was responsible for killing the police officer. And I’d consider the death penalty for any of the people who stormed the Capitol. I consider the crime treason. I don’t give a damn if it is a Trump supporter or an ANTIFA person. You break into a federal building for the purpose of interfering in our Democracy,,,, Bye bye!

I'll give you a hint: What you are starts with an L and ends in a ibertarian.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 12th, 2021 at 1:48:35 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288

Sadly, Snopes has determined that this is false.

He did not die from tasering his balls. He just had a random heart attack and died.

Trying to overthrow the government is just too much excitement for some people, I guess.

Oh, oh, I had, "Random heart attack," on my Capitol Storm Bingo card! Check my posts from before the info was released!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 12th, 2021 at 1:49:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler

There seems to be a trend with people who "exercise" their rights nonstop...... Its about all that they seem to exercise.

Good one!

His mouth also got plenty of exercise from all the Papa John's pizza.
January 12th, 2021 at 1:52:16 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: JimRockford
I really must object to the constant comparison of the Trumper insurgents to animals. I don't know what the animal population has done to deserve such a humiliating distinction.

Nice! Everybody's got jokes today!
January 12th, 2021 at 1:57:16 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
According to the New York Times, Mitch McConnell supports an impeachment conviction.

I'm skeptical that that's true.
January 12th, 2021 at 1:58:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: JimRockford
I really must object to the constant comparison of the Trumper insurgents to animals. I don't know what the animal population has done to deserve such a humiliating distinction.

Reminds me of one of my concert bootlegs of a Pink Floyd show. Band breaks into Dogs. You can hear a fan excitedly yell "Animals, Animals" :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 12th, 2021 at 2:14:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: reno
According to the New York Times, Mitch McConnell supports an impeachment conviction.

Who can tell? Trump stabbed him in the back with the threatening to not sign the hard negotiated bill that the WH, McConnell, and Pelosi agreed to. McConnell just got re elected to a new 6 year term, and would be 84 if he chose to run again. I doubt he will. So he has no reason to fear Trump anymore. McConnells speech slamming Trump for not recognizing that Trump lost the election to me was his clear break from the "Trumper" part of the Republican party. Wouldn't it be a dream come true for McConnell to be the 67th vote needed to convict Trump?

I can assume Senators can abstain from voting in an impeachment trial? If so, I'll bet there are a few chicken shit Republicans who will do so. I am not sure how I'd vote, but I certainly would vote.
January 12th, 2021 at 2:37:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: reno

Donny is no longer useful to Mitch. So Mitch leaks this to the NYT, knowing there won’t be an angry tweet storm to deal with.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 12th, 2021 at 2:43:20 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quite a shock for him to come out and say that.
I wonder if that changes when the house would send the articles of impeachment to the senate.

I understand the idea of the 100 day delay, to get key people confirmed and top legislative priorities moving, especially when you believe that there was no way there would be a conviction anyway.

I suppose they better count the votes.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan