The Biden Presidency 2021

Page 3 of 201<123456>Last »
November 14th, 2020 at 7:12:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
This one just crossed my mind. Assuming the Biden win holds up as well as GOP Senate control it will be the first time in probably 100+ years that a Democrat POTUS first took office without complete control of Congress.

Also the first time since 1988 that any party POTUS did not control it all.

I hope you are right! I truly believe that split government is good, not bad. Having to see both sides makes for better, more well thought out laws. The country was thriving under Trump, Repub Senate and Dem House until COVID-19. Hopefully it will continue the remarkable recovery we have seen despite the virus scourge under Biden, Dem House and Republican Senate.

By the way, the best evidence I have AGAINST a coordinated 'stealing' effort by the Dems is the failure to win the hotly contested Senate elections. Far less 'fraud' would have been needed to swing some of those elections.
November 14th, 2020 at 12:59:28 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: SOOPOO
By the way, the best evidence I have AGAINST a coordinated 'stealing' effort by the Dems is the failure to win the hotly contested Senate elections. Far less 'fraud' would have been needed to swing some of those elections.

They didn't have time. Supposedly there are a bunch of ballots that ONLY contain votes for Creepy Joe and nobody else.
November 14th, 2020 at 3:00:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
They didn't have time. Supposedly there are a bunch of ballots that ONLY contain votes for Creepy Joe and nobody else.

lol... I guess this is why the righties fear straight ticket voting so much.

Here’s my ballot.

Just had to check the “Democratic Party” box. Nothing else required in the partisan section. (The GOP fought really hard to eliminate this option for us MI voters - they lost that battle).

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 14th, 2020 at 3:08:19 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/11/faulty-claim-about-biden-only-ballots-in-georgia/

Quote:
Campaign officials for President Donald Trump and supporters have promoted the faulty claim that Joe Biden received nearly 100,000 votes in Georgia through ballots that only included selections for president, suggesting it’s “suspicious.” But the claim ignores that some voters do not vote a straight-party ballot.

I didn't vote straight-ticket. I voted for a bunch of republicans for local races who were running unopposed, to make sure write-in yahoos wouldn't win.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 14th, 2020 at 3:11:17 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO

Duh

It's hilarious to me how many people are not grasping this. Or they do but because of their cult membership, refuse to recognize it.
November 14th, 2020 at 3:31:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
federal judge in New York City on Saturday said Chad Wolf has not been acting lawfully as the chief of Homeland Security and that, as such, his suspension of protections for a class of migrants brought to the United States illegally as children is invalid.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2020 at 4:14:31 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288

I never heard of three of those parties.

To address just one, the U.S. Taxpayers Party is another name for the Constitution Party, according to Wikipedia. They seem be to the right of your average Republican. Their platform seems to try to capture both the fiscal and religious conservatives.

In the 2020 election, they captured 0.1% of the vote.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 14th, 2020 at 4:55:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I wonder if it's likely that Trump is not just being pissy about getting Biden intelligence briefings, but just doesn't want Biden to find out what things Trump's been ignoring.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 14th, 2020 at 5:09:35 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Tripdufan
Duh

It's hilarious to me how many people are not grasping this. Or they do but because of their cult membership, refuse to recognize it.

Many of us believe Democrats are only smart enough to handle one task at a time.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 15th, 2020 at 6:26:44 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: petroglyph
China is ripping us to shreds with 5G. China has invested 2 trillion dollars into 5G infrastructure, while parts of Az. don't even have 3G. Not much point in arguing about who gets the last .001%.

China recently launched the first 6G test satellite into orbit. 100 times faster than 5G.

The 21st century belongs to China.
Page 3 of 201<123456>Last »