Banned Nanling

December 2nd, 2020 at 11:32:00 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I banned Nanling, but I am posting his last post in case someone disagrees with me.

Threads: 3
I am smithing at Neitz, cballs won't loose me energy so RS gold that is fine. Was doing lobsters atm, I'll stick to this. ONE MONTH FOR HUNTER? zomg. I heard it's like 3 months to 99, it can't be. I really don't have 1m to spend on crafting coifs. Pretty dropped in Crafting. Thanks Mr G and observe aswell. These targets may take a little while.

Hi! I am Serendipity, some of you might know me. And I have made my mind up to go to get a 99 cape. (118 cb without a cape) I want to do something different, something special for my initial 99. A friend came up to me and told me that you know, since I spent the summer months (55-197M) I must have the capital to pursue any goal that I want. I have narrowed down my choice to two of these and want you guys to help me select.

The choices: 99 Prayer - Awesome cape! Really fun emote and it's a really speedy cape to get. Upwards of 750k exp/hour... Will use running to and from yanille lender to my friend's house for gilded altar, he will be light (he's alching for 50M magical exp) 99 Magic and Summoning - 2 capes for cheaper than the 1 cape. Additionally an enjoyable cape, very practical... Slower exp than prayer (including exploding time for charms). Will be bursting rock lobsters for charms. Anyways, pick and choose.

Prayer would probably be quicker and funner (because it does not take so long, which means that you won't get bored.) . However, Summoning/Magic includes a more usage's such as dragon pets, vengeance, and all that fantastic stuff. But on the other hand prayer is handy in pvp you do not have to take quite many prayer potions (maybe just 1 dose) plus you could probably do more prayers. However, with Summoning/Magic you can summon Titan's and utilize Historical Magics and then people won't mess with you as often. But if it had been me I'd personally go with prayer.First of all, the pursuit guide may need to be upgraded for"The Great Brain Robbery", since there is no safe spot anymore. And that leads me to my question... I fought Barrelchest earlier when I'd read here that there was a safespot, so that I maged him, and discovered the hard way in which the safespot was no more there. My question is, what's the easiest way to beat the crazy level 170 Barrelchest? And do I need to raise a number of my stats ? . Would this setup work against Barrelchest? Or should something be changed? I'm not very wealthy, and I don't possess a godsword or abyssal whip. Currently I just have 1.5 mil.

Well, I eventually got penis's! :eyebrows: There's so much to cheap RuneScape gold do! I can't pick, so I believed I would have experienced players tell me. Now, I just need to know what else I must do. As we speak, I am getting all the Easy quests from how, and coaching all manhood abilities to 10.
December 3rd, 2020 at 12:56:59 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: Nanling
Well, I eventually got penis's! :eyebrows: .... As we speak, I am getting all the Easy quests from how, and coaching all manhood abilities to 10.

Don'tcha just love those Runescape spammers? :)
December 3rd, 2020 at 6:30:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin
I banned Nanling,

So much for the secrecy of being a secret admin.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 3rd, 2020 at 6:59:20 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Wizard
So much for the secrecy of being a secret admin.

I know that I asked this on WOV when this was brought up, but the response was not remarkable.

What is the point of a secret mod or admin?

I do not understand how secret mods/admins are more productive than "open" mods/admins? More "Green" presence discourages spam and troll posts.

I do not understand on a public forum what purpose a secret mod/admin serves?

The only logical reason that I can still think of is hoping to get PMs from unsuspecting spammers (and in so doing stop PM spammers), but on this site it appears even less relevant (less gambling system scams being "offered" via PM etc...) But, overall I would think a larger show of force (more greens on consistently) would do more to lessen rule breaking (I cannot think of any argument otherwise) [especially on this site, I partially understand WOV if secret mods try to bust people using PMs to sell spam offers etc... though even there I am not sure a complete argument can be made]. If anything posting about having "secret mods" seems that it would instantly undermine the point (eliminate a lot of investigative potential).
December 3rd, 2020 at 7:17:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Covert ops are just part of the system. : )

I thought secret mods were mostly there to relieve the spam load off the regular mods. Because some of our trolliest trolls generated a lot of work for the regular mods. The easy problems are the ones that are so over the line, they just get banned right off. But some of them aimed to be a long term nuisance toeing the line and creating arguments about rules or meaning of rules.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 3rd, 2020 at 8:14:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: rxwine
Covert ops are just part of the system. : )

I thought secret mods were mostly there to relieve the spam load off the regular mods. Because some of our trolliest trolls generated a lot of work for the regular mods. The easy problems are the ones that are so over the line, they just get banned right off. But some of them aimed to be a long term nuisance toeing the line and creating arguments about rules or meaning of rules.

I am not sure that I follow that train of thought. If somebody is trolling in a way that it borders a violation or not, should it not be a Green that proclaims it?
If something is posted as a public post its not like it is hard to view or document.

If regular mods are meant to "relive the spam" of regular mods, why make them secret? It seems like a duty that a non-secret mod could (probably more effectively) fulfill?
December 3rd, 2020 at 9:20:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
I am not sure that I follow that train of thought. If somebody is trolling in a way that it borders a violation or not, should it not be a Green that proclaims it?
If something is posted as a public post its not like it is hard to view or document.

If regular mods are meant to "relive the spam" of regular mods, why make them secret? It seems like a duty that a non-secret mod could (probably more effectively) fulfill?

If they're not secret, then an endless cycle of new people would keep bothering them seeing that they were green to do regular work.

Heh, I don't really know.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 4th, 2020 at 9:21:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: rxwine
I thought secret mods were mostly there to relieve the spam load off the regular mods.

That's really all I do is to delete advertisers or nonsensical stuff that looks like game players. Just housekeeping.

If it's hate posts or vitriolic attacks I usually just flag them, just like any other user,