1 vote (100%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

1 member has voted

January 5th, 2021 at 12:17:34 PM permalink
MadMath
Threads: 2
So I have some questions in regards to my previous suspensions. I appreciate all opinions just please justify them using logic or reason & not through ethics or emotional appeal.

1) Mr. Wizard claims I'm bullying a previous WoV member for saying

"Completely agree, it's more like pretty girls aren't usually intelligent enough to last on WoV. Seriously this forum is ruthless, I like it & hate it at the same time. I think we should completely exile people like her because she obviously didn't belong on the forum but I don't want to be the person to do it."

Now if you look at the thread on top of page 10

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/slots/29258-slotlady-channel/9/

SOOPOO is literally making fun of me in a bullying manner yet nobody doesn't anything about it??? This makes no sense to me, it's bullying to give your opinion on whether someone should remain on a forum that insults you??? I make zero accusations against her!!! I never once claim anything about her intelligence & if anything I thought she was nice. Nice people don't deserve to get ridiculed! How can my opinion of this be considered bullying???

This isn't the 1st time that this has happened to me where I question the judgment of administration. The sad part is look at what people are saying right now on the thread after I've been suspended. Everyone WoV is kissing ass to make up for all the bad things they said, yet I didn't say anything bad about slotlady, but actually was saying bad things about how WoV treats people!!! Please speak up if you believe I did something wrong, I want to hear someone bring some logic to all of this!!!

But the worst part is I really do think I'm getting discriminated against for being a "white" guy even though I'm only 50% Caucasian!!! Just look at Mr. Wizard's comment, I bet if I was a woman I wouldn't have been suspended for saying what I said!!!
January 5th, 2021 at 12:31:50 PM permalink
MadMath
So here is a list of email messages from me & Mr. Wizard about my previous suspension.

My Email:

Maybe you could help me. I still don't fully understand why I was suspended from the forum. Last time it was obvious I had made a mistake since I asterisked one of the words in my comment but missed the other lol. But this time I am still scratching my head over what happened.

Quote: USpapergames
Wait, I'm the rude one when it was rdw4potus who was trying to tell me how to do my job better as a game designer??? You do realize he has previously admitted to me that has has zero game design experience yet he is trying to give me advice??? That's like going up to Raphael & saying your focusing too much on shading but you really need to focus more on the people in your paintings because that's the most important thing, but yet your just some no nothing peasant throwing out their advice as if it actually holds any value....

"You don't get to liken fellow members to peasants?"

...You are completely full of it!!!
Next time you want to pick a fight with me make sure you know what your talking about 1st.

"And that clinched it. Take some time out.

Incidentally, USPG. For a genius, you totally misunderstood the comment about fish."

Ok, so let's break down what I said and analyze it through the forum rules. I guess I broke the rules because of the word peasant??? 1st off, it's difficult to make peasant an offensive word when there are no poor WoV members. Here is the definition by Oxford: "a poor farmer of low social status who owns or rents a small piece of land for cultivation (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries)." I purposely choose the word because it shouldn't be offensive to anyone except maybe me since I'm apparently the broke WoV member. Give this some thought please, why would anyone be able to take offense to a midevil word which doesn't apply to them??? If I was trying to be offensive wouldn't I have actually said something that someone could take offense to? Obviously, I was implying wealth to game design knowledge but even then all I'm saying is that many of the WoV members are not "wealthy" in game design knowledge.

I promise to never even use the word peasant again if it makes everyone happy, but I had no clue Once Dear would find it offensive, especially when not one WoV member found it offensive. I promise I had zero intention of offending anyone, & from what I can tell nobody found offense in what I was saying or they would have mentioned something immediately since so many members are evil & just want me suspended (and apparently they are winning that war).

Let's discuss the rest of what was said, because the rest is a serious cause for concern. Once Dear is punishing me for saying "You are completely full of it". Please explain how that statement can be conveyed to ever be considered rule-breaking? What part of the statement is wrong? What part of the statement violates the rules??? Why can't I use this exact same phase in the future? I don't even specify what anyone is full of so please explain this so that I don't break another forum rule. It's kind of difficult to take offense to someone saying your full of it. I have previous comments on WoV with me saying "your full of sh**) & I never once got suspended. But saying "you're full of it" is offensive? Was using the word "it" the offensive part, should I never use that word again on WoV? None of this makes any sense to me.

Next let's go over the last statement, "Next time you want to pick a fight with me make sure you know what you're talking about 1st." Again is there a single word in this statement that is offensive? How does this statement break the WoV rules? If anything it sounds like solid advice to me. In fact, this very statement could potentially stop many of these online conflicts from ever happening to begin with.

So let's recap, if using the word peasant was wrong, even though there was no way anyone could take offense to the word, I won't use any words to describe anything about anyone no matter how non-offensive it is. I think the word mugwump might be a good word to describe someone currently right now, but I'm definitely more cautious than that & I hoped that my word choices like "peasant" would have demonstrated this :/ As for the 2nd part, not only do I have no clue what I did wrong but I also don't know how to avoid being at fault while being free to express myself on WoV. I think if I am not allowed to say my beliefs about me being the best game designer on WoV because of the comments I've read, then WoV isn't a place for free speech. If expressing my opinion will get me suspended then I will just keep all my thoughts to myself & refuse to respond to anyone's comments. That is the only solution I can think of, so I would ask that (after I have warned every WoV member to leave me alone) you would please suspend anyone commenting about me. I will be considering any comment that involves me as a sign of trolling, harassment, or worse.

The entire point of me writing to you isn't to complain. Honestly, I was just going to ignore all this and wait for the suspension to be over. But it looks like Once Dear wants to punish me for a week or more & I just want to make some money on WoV. I'm being dead seriously that at 1st, all I cared about what finding other members to discuss my work, but now I have a list of challenges that I want to make available for and WoV member & that's all I care about. I'm being honest when I say I'm not going to reply to any comments towards me that aren't directly related to the challenges. I finally came up with a way to show every WoV member my combinatorics skills, & I should make a minimum of $1,000 from the challenge! Me Wizard, I'm tired of playing these kid games. "Now I'll show you what I already know." RJ MacReady

Wizards Response:
OnceDear was the one to suspend you, but I agree with it. Those are clearly insulting statements. What was wrong with the second quote was more so the first sentence.

If you want to argue others have said worse things to you, you may make that case when you get back. However, we mods generally don’t like to suspend people for old stuff.

As you to your challenge, you may post it when you return. Please don’t expect anyone to be very interested.

Personally, I would recommend you focus your time and energy on more important things. For example, gainful employment.

My Email:

So I can't say "full of it"? I still don't understand how that statement is blatantly offensive? What's full of air? Well, balloons are full of it ;) Did I just say something offensive? Please try & understand, I don't know how else to convey my message without being any less offensive than deliberately leaving my words completely up for interpretation.

To me, I feel I shouldn't be responsible for someone else getting offended by their interpretations. Anyone can take any statement as an offensive statement, & I can prove this. But what more important is without knowing someone's infection of their voice or their body language, there is absolutely no way of ever knowing for sure what the other person is implying. It's up to the reader to either ask questions or assume what the other person meant by them being full of it.

Would it have been better if I had called rdw4potus a liar, that he was making false statements & could prove him wrong? Honestly, my choice of words was the best but it certainly wasn't anywhere close to the other words I could have chosen. I'm sure you probably would have chosen better words 👍 But I was trying to basically tell everyone not to believe what he was saying because not only is it wrong but it's actually destructive advice. Saying it like that comes off weak and crazy sounding even tho I'm right :/

I think I'm just done trying to correct people, just let them think what nonsense they want to come up with.

Mr. Wizard's Response:

I’m not going to entertain every question. The “it” means shit, and you know it.

My Email:

I really wasn't expecting you to disagree with me. That fact is this was not my strategy but I had learned it from other WoV members doing the exact same thing to me, yet I'm the one who got punished :/ If WoV members are allowed to take offense to implied comments (& not comments that are blatantly offensive) then there are plenty of comments right now that are more offensive than anything I've ever said on WoV. I can change my strategy to fit any rules as long as the rules are clearly defined. I will point out in detail the next time a forum member does this to me & I will expect suspension for any member who implies offensive states towards me regardless of whether any administration agrees with me. Apparently, the only thing that matters when determining if something is offensive is whether that person can assume it's an offense.

So I've giving this some more thought & I feel like I could almost prove discrimination with this form of punishment. See I just realized that if I'm being punished for implying the word "shit" by saying "full of it" then why haven't I been previously suspended for saying "shat" or "sh**"? Clearly, those examples are implying the word "shit" just as much as the phrase "full of it"? How is this possible? Are you claiming that "shat" or "sh**" don't imply the word "shit"? This actually makes less sense to me than when I started this conversation :(

Mr. Wizard's Response:

I really don’t have the time to discuss this. At the end of the day, I go on feel.

You are entitled to press charges whenever you wish.

My Email:

lol, no never. I just had high standards for your forum discussions is all.

So what your telling me is I have to assume how you or OnceDear would interpret my comments? I understand if you don't have the time, completely understandable. Take your time getting back to me.

And that's the end of the conversation :/ Now before you go giving me your opinion wait till I share the pictures of the evidence first.
January 5th, 2021 at 12:43:44 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: MadMath
So here is a list of email messages from me & Mr. Wizard about my previous suspension.

My Email:

Maybe you could help me. I still don't fully understand why I was suspended from the forum. Last time it was obvious I had made a mistake since I asterisked one of the words in my comment but missed the other lol. But this time I am still scratching my head over what happened.

Wait, I'm the rude one when it was rdw4potus who was trying to tell me how to do my job better as a game designer??? You do realize he has previously admitted to me that has has zero game design experience yet he is trying to give me advice??? That's like going up to Raphael & saying your focusing too much on shading but you really need to focus more on the people in your paintings because that's the most important thing, but yet your just some no nothing peasant throwing out their advice as if it actually holds any value....

"You don't get to liken fellow members to peasants?"

...You are completely full of it!!!
Next time you want to pick a fight with me make sure you know what your talking about 1st.

"And that clinched it. Take some time out.

Incidentally, USPG. For a genius, you totally misunderstood the comment about fish."

Ok, so let's break down what I said and analyze it through the forum rules. I guess I broke the rules because of the word peasant??? 1st off, it's difficult to make peasant an offensive word when there are no poor WoV members. Here is the definition by Oxford: "a poor farmer of low social status who owns or rents a small piece of land for cultivation (chiefly in historical use or with reference to subsistence farming in poorer countries)." I purposely choose the word because it shouldn't be offensive to anyone except maybe me since I'm apparently the broke WoV member. Give this some thought please, why would anyone be able to take offense to a midevil word which doesn't apply to them??? If I was trying to be offensive wouldn't I have actually said something that someone could take offense to? Obviously, I was implying wealth to game design knowledge but even then all I'm saying is that many of the WoV members are not "wealthy" in game design knowledge.

I promise to never even use the word peasant again if it makes everyone happy, but I had no clue Once Dear would find it offensive, especially when not one WoV member found it offensive. I promise I had zero intention of offending anyone, & from what I can tell nobody found offense in what I was saying or they would have mentioned something immediately since so many members are evil & just want me suspended (and apparently they are winning that war).

Let's discuss the rest of what was said, because the rest is a serious cause for concern. Once Dear is punishing me for saying "You are completely full of it". Please explain how that statement can be conveyed to ever be considered rule-breaking? What part of the statement is wrong? What part of the statement violates the rules??? Why can't I use this exact same phase in the future? I don't even specify what anyone is full of so please explain this so that I don't break another forum rule. It's kind of difficult to take offense to someone saying your full of it. I have previous comments on WoV with me saying "your full of sh**) & I never once got suspended. But saying "you're full of it" is offensive? Was using the word "it" the offensive part, should I never use that word again on WoV? None of this makes any sense to me.

Next let's go over the last statement, "Next time you want to pick a fight with me make sure you know what you're talking about 1st." Again is there a single word in this statement that is offensive? How does this statement break the WoV rules? If anything it sounds like solid advice to me. In fact, this very statement could potentially stop many of these online conflicts from ever happening to begin with.

So let's recap, if using the word peasant was wrong, even though there was no way anyone could take offense to the word, I won't use any words to describe anything about anyone no matter how non-offensive it is. I think the word mugwump might be a good word to describe someone currently right now, but I'm definitely more cautious than that & I hoped that my word choices like "peasant" would have demonstrated this :/ As for the 2nd part, not only do I have no clue what I did wrong but I also don't know how to avoid being at fault while being free to express myself on WoV. I think if I am not allowed to say my beliefs about me being the best game designer on WoV because of the comments I've read, then WoV isn't a place for free speech. If expressing my opinion will get me suspended then I will just keep all my thoughts to myself & refuse to respond to anyone's comments. That is the only solution I can think of, so I would ask that (after I have warned every WoV member to leave me alone) you would please suspend anyone commenting about me. I will be considering any comment that involves me as a sign of trolling, harassment, or worse.

The entire point of me writing to you isn't to complain. Honestly, I was just going to ignore all this and wait for the suspension to be over. But it looks like Once Dear wants to punish me for a week or more & I just want to make some money on WoV. I'm being dead seriously that at 1st, all I cared about what finding other members to discuss my work, but now I have a list of challenges that I want to make available for and WoV member & that's all I care about. I'm being honest when I say I'm not going to reply to any comments towards me that aren't directly related to the challenges. I finally came up with a way to show every WoV member my combinatorics skills, & I should make a minimum of $1,000 from the challenge! Me Wizard, I'm tired of playing these kid games. "Now I'll show you what I already know." RJ MacReady

Mr. Wizard's Email:

OnceDear was the one to suspend you, but I agree with it. Those are clearly insulting statements. What was wrong with the second quote was more so the first sentence.

If you want to argue others have said worse things to you, you may make that case when you get back. However, we mods generally don’t like to suspend people for old stuff.

As you to your challenge, you may post it when you return. Please don’t expect anyone to be very interested.

Personally, I would recommend you focus your time and energy on more important things. For example, gainful employment.

My Email:

So I can't say "full of it"? I still don't understand how that statement is blatantly offensive? What's full of air? Well, balloons are full of it ;) Did I just say something offensive? Please try & understand, I don't know how else to convey my message without being any less offensive than deliberately leaving my words completely up for interpretation.

To me, I feel I shouldn't be responsible for someone else getting offended by their interpretations. Anyone can take any statement as an offensive statement, & I can prove this. But what more important is without knowing someone's infection of their voice or their body language, there is absolutely no way of ever knowing for sure what the other person is implying. It's up to the reader to either ask questions or assume what the other person meant by them being full of it.

Would it have been better if I had called rdw4potus a liar, that he was making false statements & could prove him wrong? Honestly, my choice of words was the best but it certainly wasn't anywhere close to the other words I could have chosen. I'm sure you probably would have chosen better words 👍 But I was trying to basically tell everyone not to believe what he was saying because not only is it wrong but it's actually destructive advice. Saying it like that comes off weak and crazy sounding even tho I'm right :/

I think I'm just done trying to correct people, just let them think what nonsense they want to come up with.

Mr. Wizard's Email:

I’m not going to entertain every question. The “it” means shit, and you know it.

My Email:

I really wasn't expecting you to disagree with me. That fact is this was not my strategy but I had learned it from other WoV members doing the exact same thing to me, yet I'm the one who got punished :/ If WoV members are allowed to take offense to implied comments (& not comments that are blatantly offensive) then there are plenty of comments right now that are more offensive than anything I've ever said on WoV. I can change my strategy to fit any rules as long as the rules are clearly defined. I will point out in detail the next time a forum member does this to me & I will expect suspension for any member who implies offensive states towards me regardless of whether any administration agrees with me. Apparently, the only thing that matters when determining if something is offensive is whether that person can assume it's an offense.

So I've giving this some more thought & I feel like I could almost prove discrimination with this form of punishment. See I just realized that if I'm being punished for implying the word "shit" by saying "full of it" then why haven't I been previously suspended for saying "shat" or "sh**"? Clearly, those examples are implying the word "shit" just as much as the phrase "full of it"? How is this possible? Are you claiming that "shat" or "sh**" don't imply the word "shit"? This actually makes less sense to me than when I started this conversation :(

Mr. Wizard's Email:

I really don’t have the time to discuss this. At the end of the day, I go on feel.

You are entitled to press charges whenever you wish.

My Email:

lol, no never. I just had high standards for your forum discussions is all.

So what your telling me is I have to assume how you or OnceDear would interpret my comments? I understand if you don't have the time, completely understandable. Take your time getting back to me.

And that's the end of the conversation :/ Now before you go giving me your opinion wait till I share the pictures of the evidence first.

WoV Rule #4:

Quote:
Respect privacy. Do not post any personal information about someone else that is intended to be private or quote from private communication. This rule applies to protecting the privacy of everybody, but especially forum members.

WoV Rule #14:

Quote:
Private Messaging: Private messages are supposed to be private. Of course, by mutual agreement they can be quoted to a larger audience. The rules above also apply to private messaging, including rule #1. An exception to the privacy rule is that abuses may be reported to an administrator. We will treat it like a "coach's challenge" in the NFL. If a banning is warranted, it will be given. If not, a banning of a perceived victim may be made for making a false claim. (Added 8/17/2012)

So, I'm guessing that's going to be game over for you over there. I mean, until you inevitably return as some sort of sock. Don't know if you'd be allowed to continue to post here or not, but we can get into politics here.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 5th, 2021 at 12:58:59 PM permalink
MadMath
I think it's best everyone read everything I posted in the thread.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/slots/29258-slotlady-channel/9/

Does everyone see how I'm not putting Slotlady down in anyway??? If anything I'm actually talking a lot of shit about the WoV members & how they are despicable. Exile is not a bad word!!! In fact in this context it's a good word since giving her the cold shoulder would be far better than ridiculing her!!! I was merely making a point that WoV members should give her the cold shoulder instead of talking a bunch of crap like they always do!!! How the hell are tho going to tell me I'm bullying someone I'm trying to protect???
January 5th, 2021 at 1:01:44 PM permalink
MadMath
Quote: Mission146
WoV Rule #4:

WoV Rule #14:

So, I'm guessing that's going to be game over for you over there. I mean, until you inevitably return as some sort of sock. Don't know if you'd be allowed to continue to post here or not, but we can get into politics here.

Your not even making any sense. I never posted any personal information about anyone or private messages to get suspended???

Oh, your talking about right now???

P.S. I edited the replys so I'm not quoting him or any email.
January 5th, 2021 at 1:05:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Your not even making any sense. I never posted any personal information about anyone to get suspended???

Dont bring your WOV drama BS overhere
If you got suspended or nuked at WOV
Man up and accept it
Its meaningless in the context of the real world
I've been suspended plenty of times
Coming over here to whine ain't gonna do jack
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2021 at 1:12:09 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Your not even making any sense. I never posted any personal information about anyone or private messages to get suspended???

Oh, your talking about right now???

P.S. I edited the replys so I'm not quoting him or any email.

You may have, but not before I quoted you saying them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 5th, 2021 at 1:17:38 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
First, there is a policy against bringing WoV drama over there, especially complaining about suspensions. Second, there is another rule against quoting from private communication, which in this case is between you and I. However, I don't mind so will not delete it.

I'm going to match the 20-day suspension here.

You can see I also gave SooPoo three days per your complaint. That will not apply to here unless he complains about it.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 5th, 2021 at 1:46:38 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I’ll take my 3 days over there. Just make sure I’m unsuspended in time to chat about the Bills game!
January 5th, 2021 at 2:20:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I’ll take my 3 days over there. Just make sure I’m unsuspended in time to chat about the Bills game!

Chat about it here, I am looking at high probability plays to mix with them taking the AFC to get myself 20-1 odds. But the problem is they will not let me parlay the Bills this week with them winning the AFC.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 212>