Obama is Checking you email

June 10th, 2013 at 3:04:37 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
http://obamaischeckingyouremail.tumblr.com/

Made me laugh, and cry. Will anyone care enough? Probably not.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
June 10th, 2013 at 4:14:48 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

It is a given that all governments will go bad. I’m somewhat surprised, yet not, that ours seems to be barreling headlong down that path.

What I am definitely surprised in is the absolute apathy I see around me. I wasn’t old enough (or in the condition) to understand the Patriot Act when it was passed, but there should’ve been an uproar. The current gun law situation in NY isn’t just bothersome, it’s tyrannical. Everywhere I look, there are things to add to the “Revolution-o-meter”, yet…

Apathy. I call it the Bachelorette Syndrome (see also Game of Thrones Theorem and Sopranos Hypothesis). People come unhinged, and rightly so… for about a week. Then it’s back to picking their noses and fighting their way back into ignorance.

"Probably not"? Take it to the bank.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
June 10th, 2013 at 8:43:41 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I agree about the Patriot Act and post 911 policies. If you think about it, terrorism has been an excuse for profits. Airlines don't allow liquids, sports games frisk you and profit from the information gained, and both make money on alcohol. Then the banks get all the information handed to them and they can do anything they want with the information. If it's electronic money, it can be taken so much easier. I really wonder how much more money Americans are paying or losing just for things falling under the excuse of terrorism. It's all pretty much lame excuses. If it's real, let them blow us up and we would be better off not over protecting ourselves doing more harm in the process. Just like all mass murderers anyways, they always kill someone besides the people they're really mad at because they can't get to them. When terrorism does hit, the people who pay for it are not the ones benefiting pissing them off.
June 11th, 2013 at 5:54:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

What I am definitely surprised in is the absolute apathy I see around me. I wasn’t old enough (or in the condition) to understand the Patriot Act when it was passed, but there should’ve been an uproar. The current gun law situation in NY isn’t just bothersome, it’s tyrannical. Everywhere I look, there are things to add to the “Revolution-o-meter”, yet…

I am not surprised at all. This country has decided they want security over freedom. Go to YouTube and watch or re-watch "Amerika." This is the entire premise, that people wanted their comfortable life and would give up freedom to keep as much of it as they can.

How many people willingly buy property subject to a HOA because "my neighbor might paint his house purple?" How many people say, "well the red-light cameras probably stop accidents?" Look at how many people say it is OK to take guns from law-abiding people because a crazy misused them. Or look at the people who signed the joke petitions to ban pressure cookers.

One good part of the PATRIOT act was to make banks know who they were lending to. Sadly we still had the Panic of 2008.
The President is a fink.
June 24th, 2013 at 4:49:21 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Seems like a thread close enough to subject matter.

Snowden went to Russia.

What are the chances they are having a look at the ALL the material he is carrying?

And I don't even mean that he necessarily agreed to it. Just the fact that he chose to go into Russia I figure he no longer really has control of it.* Unless he handed it off to someone in Hong Kong first --- but seems like that would be his only card to play at the moment, so it's hard to imagine he would have parted with it. Even then, it might have gotten to the Chinese, though seemed less likely in Hong Kong (IMO).

*by control, I mean, if he closed his eyes to sleep even, someone probably accessed it/copied it. Could Putin really resist? Yes, Snowden may still have the original documents, but that may mean little at this point.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 14th, 2013 at 6:32:31 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: Face

Apathy. I call it the Bachelorette Syndrome (see also Game of Thrones Theorem and Sopranos Hypothesis). People come unhinged, and rightly so… for about a week. Then it’s back to picking their noses and fighting their way back into ignorance.

"Probably not"? Take it to the bank.

Yeah. It sucks. I'm pissed. Not sure what to do about it though.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob