compact cross between SUV and a pickup truck

Page 2 of 3<123>
April 29th, 2021 at 10:11:50 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
There is a definite market for small pick ups, smaller than the car companies currently make.

If you're right the circle will come around and voila', we'll soon see them again.

Now if they could only make them simple to maintain, cheap to buy, and reliable.
April 29th, 2021 at 10:37:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
There is a definite market for small pick ups, smaller than the car companies currently make.

If you're right the circle will come around and voila', we'll soon see them again.

Now if they could only make them simple to maintain, cheap to buy, and reliable.

In the mid-1990s there was an idea that a small pickup made more sense than a small car. That you might be better off with a Dodge Dakota than a Honda Civic.

But back then low-end pickups were cheap. The thing is the frugal buyer would rather have a used and loaded pickup then a new W/T trim truck. Let the sucker take the depreciation.

It is harder to buy the truck you want used of course for several reasons. But this is what killed the cheapo pickup. The new Hyundai is sort of a UTE not a pickup. Fine with me.
The President is a fink.
April 29th, 2021 at 11:30:31 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
The Subaru Baja derived from the Subaru Brat

I looked at thousands of vehicles in the last 2 months looking for a decent Toyota Sienna to buy. Never ran across either one of these vehicles, the Baja or the Brat. Which means they didn't sell worth a dang.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 29th, 2021 at 12:03:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I looked at thousands of vehicles in the last 2 months looking for a decent Toyota Sienna to buy. Never ran across either one of these vehicles, the Baja or the Brat. Which means they didn't sell worth a dang.

Uh, the Brat was a 1970s thing, last sold in 1994. Most have rusted out by now, no chance you will see one on a lot.

Talking about the Brat makes me want chicken for dinner.
The President is a fink.
April 29th, 2021 at 1:49:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: missedhervee

Our O2 Taco has been extremely reliable. It will probably get to it's scheduled 100k mile tune up this year? We've never even had the spark plugs changed. Otherwise I have done regular oil changes etc. No problems.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 29th, 2021 at 3:21:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Uh, the Brat was a 1970s thing, last sold in 1994. Most have rusted out by now, no chance you will see one on a lot.

1968: On February 15, Subaru of America, Inc., (SOA), was incorporated in Pennsylvania. The first car, the Subaru 360 mini, was introduced in the U.S. Powered by a two-stroke engine, the Subaru 360 got 66.3 miles per gallon and sold for $1,297.
1977: Subaru introduces the BRAT, a small dual-range 4WD vehicle with two-bucket seats fixed to the open-bed back. Aimed at the recreational market away from the Snow Belt. The vehicle’s “fun and sun” concept targets younger consumers.
1987: BRAT model production for the U.S. market ceases in July.
2002: Subaru introduces all new- Baja crossover vehicle at the North American International Auto Show.
April 29th, 2021 at 4:54:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin
Subaru introduces all new- Baja crossover vehicle.

I did learn in my search that the words crossover vehicle means a vehicle that has no leg room, no horsepower, and no resale value. So kind of vehicle that women love and men weep at the thought of having to own one.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 30th, 2021 at 3:06:52 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I wonder if off-roading will survive the conversion to Battery electric Vehicles.
April 30th, 2021 at 8:02:35 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
I did learn in my search that the words crossover vehicle means a vehicle that has no leg room, no horsepower, and no resale value. So kind of vehicle that women love and men weep at the thought of having to own one.

Kind of funny from someone that just bought a minivan.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 30th, 2021 at 8:22:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: DRich
Kind of funny from someone that just bought a minivan.

Why is that funny. My minivan has nothing but legroom, 230 horsepower, and resale value up the butt. It's a huge vehicle almost 17 ft long. Why is that funny, I don't get it. It's the same size as the Chevy three quarter ton cargo van I used to own. It has three rows of seats and will hold 7 passengers.
Page 2 of 3<123>