About half counties in US losing population

Page 3 of 3<123
July 18th, 2021 at 7:20:22 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Pacomartin
Allegiant Air does not fly to RSW, but they fly to Punta Gorda (PGD) which is 30 miles away.

Allegiant didn't use to fly more than 2000 miles on a segment, but they recently put a flight into to BWI, so there is always a possibility that they will begin to fly to FLORIDA.

LAS-BWI 2,106 mi
LAS-PGD 2,045 mi

Spirit flies from Vegas to Fort Lauderdale and/or Tampa. Tampa is about 100 miles away. The drive may take less time than doing an airport transfer.

Allegiant doesn't fly Vegas to Punta Gorda. I have flown Allegiant to Punta Gorda from a smaller airport outside Charlotte. The drive from Tampa to Ft Myers is close to 2.5 hours. i have made that flight many times.

Is there a site that will tell me the busiest airports that don't have direct flights between them?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 18th, 2021 at 7:40:26 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I am still upset that I can't get a direct flight from Las Vegas to Ft Myers Florida. Las Vegas has an incredible number of direct flights but of course not to where I want to go. Ft. Myers has a legitimate airport and I doubt there are many busier ones that don't fly direct to Vegas.

Never used RSW
But
Tampa has a really nice airport
Plenty of parking in massive garages so car not cooking in FL sun
Modern
Spacious
Plenty of seats and electric outlets in boarding areas
Free wifi
Direct flights to all major destinations
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 18th, 2021 at 7:48:23 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Never used RSW
But
Tampa has a really nice airport
Plenty of parking in massive garages so car not cooking in FL sun
Modern
Spacious
Plenty of seats and electric outlets in boarding areas
Free wifi
Direct flights to all major destinations

Thank you, over the years I have probably flown into Tampa airport at least 30 times. I remember many many years ago it used to be considered one of the nicest airports in the country.
July 18th, 2021 at 9:04:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: gamerfreak
It’s amazing how many times I have seen this tried and fail.

No one who lives in a city wants to commute to the suburbs.

I assume that is a joke, but the thing is people are kind of silly on commutes. You do not understand it until you move to other cities.

Here in Pittsburgh we have a north/south/east/west divide, each called "hills" (e.g.: South Hills) to add some suburban flavour. To get a native to commute across them is hard. I lived other places and saw real commutes, so easier for me. Lifers here still lock to their place.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2021 at 10:06:22 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
I assume that is a joke, but the thing is people are kind of silly on commutes. You do not understand it until you move to other cities.

Here in Pittsburgh we have a north/south/east/west divide, each called "hills" (e.g.: South Hills) to add some suburban flavour. To get a native to commute across them is hard. I lived other places and saw real commutes, so easier for me. Lifers here still lock to their place.

Not a joke, I think we are talking about slightly different things.

Companies based in the suburbs maybe 1hr from Philadelphia will often try opening up some kind of satellite office closer to the city with the intent of attracting “city talent”.

It never works out because no one living in the city proper wants to commute back out to the suburbs. It defeats the purpose of city living.
July 18th, 2021 at 10:15:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Not a joke, I think we are talking about slightly different things.

Companies based in the suburbs maybe 1hr from Philadelphia will often try opening up some kind of satellite office closer to the city with the intent of attracting “city talent”.

It never works out because no one living in the city proper wants to commute back out to the suburbs. It defeats the purpose of city living.

I cannot say I have heard of seen of what you are saying. Any "city" employer with suburb offices has them there for business reasons. EG: US Steel has a plant in the suburbs and they keep moving more and more people there.
The President is a fink.
July 18th, 2021 at 7:31:29 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Allegiant doesn't fly Vegas to Punta Gorda.

Allegiant only flies to the Florida Panhandle. Personally, if I was trying to get to Fort Myers, I would fly to Tampa on spirit and drive.

Is there a site that will tell me the busiest airports that don't have direct flights between them?

https://www.flightconnections.com/flights-from-las-vegas-las is helpful to get an idea of what your options are.

But a lot of advertising.
July 18th, 2021 at 7:42:10 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: Pacomartin
Allegiant only flies to the Florida Panhandle. Personally, if I was trying to get to Fort Myers, I would fly to Tampa on spirit and drive.

I dislike that 2.5 hour drive as I usually come in on Red-Eye flights and I am exhausted. It also requires renting a car and I already have one in Ft Myers. I just booked a trip on American connecting in Dallas to Ft Myers. My return flight is Southwest also through Dallas. This trip is only two days so I have to cram a lot in.

I hate flying across country for a two day trip but I only have the weekend for this one.
July 19th, 2021 at 6:13:41 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
I have had trouble recently trying to get a direct flight from Philadelphia to Sarasota.
July 19th, 2021 at 6:23:08 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I have had trouble recently trying to get a direct flight from Philadelphia to Sarasota.

American Eagle seasonal
Frontier Airlines year round
Page 3 of 3<123