Olympics 2021

Page 1 of 121234>Last »
July 25th, 2021 at 8:57:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm recording everything but only watching things l enjoy. But being the true sports fanatic that I am, I've skipped basketball and volley ball. I enjoyed the archery contest. The bike race was good. I watched some of the swimming competition.

I'm possibly enjoying it more than with the crowds there. Because they tend to stay focused on the events longer without taking shots of the crowd or crowd reaction.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 25th, 2021 at 9:00:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
I'm recording everything but only watching things l enjoy. But being the true sports fanatic that I am, I've skipped basketball and volley ball. I enjoyed the archery contest. The bike race was good. I watched some of the swimming competition.

I'm possibly enjoying it more than with the crowds there. Because they tend to stay focused on the events longer without taking shots of the crowd or crowd reaction.

I saw our swimming gold yesterday
Watched our 1st fencing gold in Foil ever
go USA
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 25th, 2021 at 9:31:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Saw table tennis while eating out yesterday. Amazed at how much they now cover. Can't tell if it was just me but the tables looked very small compared to what I have seen in person.

I feel very sad for the people of Japan and Tokyo and all that money wasted on facilities. I have heard they are thinking of just having 3-4 permanent cities for the summer games as places are getting smart to the wast it all is.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 11:32:04 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Why three or four?

Have just one permanent, dedicated facility supported / funded by the IOC and participating countries all kicking in a fair share.

Athens, Greece would be the logical spot.
July 25th, 2021 at 11:52:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: missedhervee
Why three or four?

Have just one permanent, dedicated facility supported / funded by the IOC and participating countries all kicking in a fair share.

Athens, Greece would be the logical spot.

Athens would have a hard time handling it. Not enough backbone and Greece is on the edge economy wise. 3-4 so as not to show bias towards any one. For example, LA and Tokyo probably have most of the infrastructure needed. That is Western Hemisphere and Asia. Somewhere in Europe could handle it, Moscow or London being the logical choices. Then leave it at that or add one Southern Hemisphere location.

Athens was considered as a permanent place after the 1980 boycott, but could not handle it and likely still would have a hard time.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 11:54:33 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
I saw our swimming gold yesterday
Watched our 1st fencing gold in Foil ever
go USA

I tried fencing in college. I would equate my skill to that of the heavy bag in boxing. Me being the bag.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 25th, 2021 at 11:57:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I tried fencing in college. I would equate my skill to that of the heavy bag in boxing. Me being the bag.

I did some fencing just this weekend. A pain digging the post holes and stretching the chain link.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:00:09 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
I did some fencing just this weekend. A pain digging the post holes and stretching the chain link.

I would rather be stabbed through the abdomen than put up a fence.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:03:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I would rather be stabbed through the abdomen than put up a fence.

Luckily it was just about a 5 ft section as I took the old stuff down to put the hot tub up. I think I will skip the top rail.
The President is a fink.
July 25th, 2021 at 12:07:01 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: AZDuffman
Luckily it was just about a 5 ft section as I took the old stuff down to put the hot tub up. I think I will skip the top rail.

I am very concerned that I will not be able to find a fenced yard in the area of Florida where I am looking. If I have to I will buy a house without one and have one put up. It sounds like a lot of hassle and probably $15,000.
Page 1 of 121234>Last »