Asian hate has got to stop.

October 26th, 2021 at 9:00:03 AM permalink
Starburger
Threads: 6
There was a store that apparently "joked" to an Asian Customer that they didn't feel comfortable ringing up Asians during the Covid Pandemic. Nice "joke". Asians have been beaten \up just because of the Covid Pandemic. Can you imagine the outrage that would have happened if Covid broke out in say, New York and some random Americans were treated like this on say vacation in England? The backlash would have been horrendous. Asian hate has got to stop.
One man's offense is another man's humor.
October 27th, 2021 at 6:10:10 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
Same thing happened to Middle Eastern / Indian people after 9/11.

Unfortunately I don’t think you are going to find a fix-all solution to stupid bigots.
October 27th, 2021 at 5:10:18 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think this business about discrimination against Asians is quite suspect... unless you want to include being discriminated against in things like college admissions. You don't hear a thing about the latter much on general media coverage though, which , again, is quite suspicious.

The Dems have figured out that real discrimination like the college admissions problem is trending towards hurting them in elections, and are alarmed, is my opinion. So they have probably just invented the idea that Asians should be a general new victim class and if they can get them to look at it that way they might vote Democrat instead, hoping for handouts.

I don't think it's going to work, but in the meantime there are some humorous things going on, like the MSM being eager to show the videos of Asians getting attacked on the street. Unfortunately this all seems to be attacks by Blacks LOL. That tactic turned out to be a bust I think. Perhaps they thought that people wouldn't know it was Af/Ams if they didn't mention it, but of course people could tell.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 27th, 2021 at 5:36:00 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
While I've never been to Asia I've read and seen on camera many instances of Asians discriminating against Americans.

The Japanese in particular seem to think we're inferior to them, and of course the Chinese are quite smug as well.

Depending on the criteria employed they just might in fact be better than us.
October 28th, 2021 at 2:49:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
While I've never been to Asia I've read and seen on camera many instances of Asians discriminating against Americans.

The Japanese in particular seem to think we're inferior to them, and of course the Chinese are quite smug as well.

Depending on the criteria employed they just might in fact be better than us.

Asians discriminating against non-asians in their own countries is news to you? Welcome to Earth!

Honestly, liberal whites are about the only group in the world that thinks every other ethnic group is better than they are.
The President is a fink.
October 29th, 2021 at 3:30:21 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
News now, but it's been going on for decades.

When two-thirds of them vote for the same politicians the animals that are kicking the hell out of them vote for, it means two-thirds of them want to continue getting the hell kicked out of them..
October 31st, 2021 at 11:15:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
News now, but it's been going on for decades.

When two-thirds of them vote for the same politicians the animals that are kicking the hell out of them vote for, it means two-thirds of them want to continue getting the hell kicked out of them..

What a stupid post
Its really disgusting. I feel like barfing
This is probably the dumbest post I have ever seen on this site
Its an extremely HATEFUL post
Just shows that you have absolutely no understanding of Asian culture
One of the highest educated demographics in the country
Pretty obvious to me why Trumpers hate turns us off
Really sad you don't get it and instead go with the complete and utter bullshit that we want to be kicked
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"