Halloween

November 1st, 2021 at 12:44:43 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I am amazed at how people spend large amounts of money now to decorate their yard and house for Halloween.

Inflatable ghosts, monsters, spiders: the mind boggles at the wide variety and expense involved.

I feel a bit sorry for kids trick or treating these days as the typical candy bar is but a small fraction of the size of the ones I got as a kid, so I spend extra on sweets and give them all full sized candy bars.

But even then the full sized Butterfinger or Snickers doesn't seem to be the same size as they were back in the day, same as OJ and ice cream containers.
November 1st, 2021 at 2:28:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee

But even then the full sized Butterfinger or Snickers doesn't seem to be the same size as they were back in the day, same as OJ and ice cream containers.

It is called "shrinkflation." Get used to it as it will get worse and worse.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2021 at 7:01:18 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee
I am amazed at how people spend large amounts of money now to decorate their yard and house for Halloween.

Inflatable ghosts, monsters, spiders: the mind boggles at the wide variety and expense involved.

I feel a bit sorry for kids trick or treating these days as the typical candy bar is but a small fraction of the size of the ones I got as a kid, so I spend extra on sweets and give them all full sized candy bars.

We had absolutely zero kids come to the door for Halloween. I guess I will be eating peanut butter cups for days.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 1st, 2021 at 1:29:06 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
We had absolutely zero kids come to the door for Halloween. I guess I will be eating peanut butter cups for days.

We had zero as well. I can give you my address if you need to mail away some of your peanut butter cups.

The geography of where my house is makes it just not an easy place to walk to. My previous house was always a popular spot for candy seekers. I prefer zero to many.
November 1st, 2021 at 1:33:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
First year I moved into my current place I bought a bunch of candy and no one came. Ended up eating it all myself. Now I just keep the lights off and watch a movie.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 1st, 2021 at 1:40:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I didn't have any trick or treaters in Vegas for several years, but then one year I had a very attractive mom and her little kid show up at the door, and I had no candy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2021 at 2:34:57 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
First year I moved into my current place I bought a bunch of candy and no one came. Ended up eating it all myself. Now I just keep the lights off and watch a movie.

I was disappointed that I didn't have any kids. I really like seeing the small ones ages 2 to 7.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.