Deer Hunting Season

Page 3 of 3<123
November 28th, 2021 at 7:20:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I should explain. It was a new installation, this washing machine. The manual mentioned that the tube that empties the machine has to be installed right, but no further explanation. I was having no trouble with the tube, I thought, because it was seated well. The smell was faint too, I was never sure of what I was smelling but my wife could really smell it. I called a plumber and got the ol' *ignoring you sir* treatment that comes with their ilk when you just have to leave a message and they're busy or something. I deduced it was because of deer season.

So I went back to the manual and read on. Finally I came to a section that mentioned the different ways the machine can be set up to empty out. We have a tall tube right in back of the machine, which I consider a good system. But one section of the manual mentioned the type where it's emptying out into a drain in the basement. This said you might have to install a siphon interrupter. This got me thinking; I had assumed the tall tube had the s-shaped pipe trap way down towards the bottom. But what if it wasn't? I removed the tube coming from the machine and the bottom of it was wet! The damned trap is very close to the top and the tube was sucking back water! All I had to do was shorten the tube, problem gone.

I'm real proud of myself when I can figure stuff like that out. I am definitely NOT very handy around the house.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 28th, 2021 at 8:35:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Deer hunting season ends here on Tuesday. Thank God.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2021 at 1:02:24 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Hunted again yesterday after working on some stands for the warrior hunt in another week or so. Trying to get more areas available to hunt since they will have four hunts with us.

No deer; nothing we are looking to harvest came by. I did down a pig that came to eat at the feeder. He was a stinky boar; no meat from him...just left him for the buzzards. pigs. and coyotes.
Page 3 of 3<123