November 18th, 2021 at 2:51:00 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
I agree
Whats the problem
I don't even think states should be taxing income
I don't file a state tax return and thats the way it should be
Legalize pot and grab the windfall and stop taxing hard working Americans income
I just file federal, no state
Thats the way it should be for every American

Good point. Every dollar spent on an accountant to fill out a state return would stay with the citizen. The state would not need to hire the people needed to collect the state income tax. But in practicality, NYState collects many 10’s of billions of dollars in Income tax. It would be hard to replace with just a pot tax.
November 18th, 2021 at 4:16:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Good point. Every dollar spent on an accountant to fill out a state return would stay with the citizen. The state would not need to hire the people needed to collect the state income tax. But in practicality, NYState collects many 10’s of billions of dollars in Income tax. It would be hard to replace with just a pot tax.

Easy Peasy
Raise the sales tax
Its around 4%
Just think of the massive amount of business done in NY. Easily hundreds of billions if not more. Up the tax 2 points and you get a massive windfall.
In FL its 6%
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2021 at 4:19:39 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Its not that
Make a good concise argument like Kenarman or Petroglyph and I will read
What I wont read is JC blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Greta is back, bless her heart.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 18th, 2021 at 4:21:51 PM permalink
JCW09
What a long post above
Too long, did not read
Let's just cut to the chase
For or against Murkowski?
The guy Trump supports in PA. He beat up his wife. But hey, the guy believes Trump won so Trump supports a wife choker for Senate
Trump is destroying the party lol

I have no opinion on Murkowski, don't know much about her.
I am a big Joe Manchin fan & you know who else is starting to make sense on the Left: Bill Maher
November 18th, 2021 at 4:25:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Easy Peasy
Raise the sales tax
Its around 4%
Just think of the massive amount of business done in NY. Easily hundreds of billions if not more. Up the tax 2 points and you get a massive windfall.
In FL its 6%

I live in Erie County. My rate is 8.75%. In NYC apparently it’s 8.88%. If you averaged each Zip Code in NY State it is approximately 8%. I think the first 4% goes to NY State and the rest to the local municipality.

Raising the sales tax has many unintended consequences. If you are going to buy a $100,000 dollar watch you may decide on where to buy it partially based on sales tax. I’m sure for each single % it goes up tourism decreases some tangible amount. People in my neck of the woods go to some mall in Pennsylvania 80 miles away to shop because I think the goods are tax free there. That’s business that NY State loses.
November 18th, 2021 at 4:29:20 PM permalink
JCW09
Quote: ams288
I just scan his long screeds looking for random unprovoked attacks on me. Other than that, just more GOP fan fic.

I thought you scan my posts for references to male political figure so you can comment on their weight or appearance.
I mean it's all really deep stuff from you each day. Did you find that Pee Tape link yet?
Any response on names of police officers KILLED on January 6th?
I mean I leave that open invitation with you on the bottom of every post.
November 18th, 2021 at 4:30:01 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Easy Peasy
Raise the sales tax
Its around 4%
In FL its 6%

Florida doesn't have a state income tax, so....
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 18th, 2021 at 4:31:47 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
I live in Erie County. My rate is 8.75%. In NYC apparently it’s 8.88%. If you averaged each Zip Code in NY State it is approximately 8%. I think the first 4% goes to NY State and the rest to the local municipality.

Raising the sales tax has many unintended consequences. If you are going to buy a $100,000 dollar watch you may decide on where to buy it partially based on sales tax. I’m sure for each single % it goes up tourism decreases some tangible amount. People in my neck of the woods go to some mall in Pennsylvania 80 miles away to shop because I think the goods are tax free there. That’s business that NY State loses.

No tax on clothing or shoes in PA.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 18th, 2021 at 4:32:44 PM permalink
JCW09
Easy Peasy
Raise the sales tax
Its around 4%
In FL its 6%

I am all for this, see if your Leftist friends go for it.
I spend a much smaller percentage of my income on sales taxable transactions than a middle class family of four.
Let's get those SOB's to pay their federal fair share through a National Sales Tax as well.
I'd love a regressive tax system in this country, bring it on.
November 18th, 2021 at 4:36:20 PM permalink
JCW09
Is Brandon really going to fire Heels Up Harris?
This has to be a false internet rumor.
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>